reverse and brake wiring, need help with with new HU install.

98tsiawd

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Hi guys,
I've just started to install a double Din head unit by Jensen along with a backup camera into my 02 envoy with Bose and OnStar. With the HU I’m using the OS-280SE interface. One of the connectors from the head unit has a wire that one needs to be wired into Reverse and one that needs to be wired into Brake. Do you guys have a wiring diagram or can tell me where i can wire them into under the dash? Also the one wire that needs to be wired in to Brake, is it safe to assume that this is for disabling the playing of video's while you drive? And if so is there a way around that?

I appreciate the help, thank you

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
98tsiawd said:
Hi guys,
I've just started to install a double Din head unit by Jensen along with a backup camera into my 02 envoy with Bose and OnStar. With the HU I’m using the OS-280SE interface. One of the connectors from the head unit has a wire that one needs to be wired into Reverse and one that needs to be wired into Brake. Do you guys have a wiring diagram or can tell me where i can wire them into under the dash? Also the one wire that needs to be wired in to Brake, is it safe to assume that this is for disabling the playing of video's while you drive? And if so is there a way around that?

I appreciate the help, thank you

Not sure about the reverse- but you can just ground the one for the parking brake. It will assume the parking brake is always set, allowing you to play DVD/use nav while in motion.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Schematics are in the manuals available for download in a stickied thread I encourage you to locate.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online