Resonator finally gone!!

greekrockstar

Jan 21, 2012
Has anyone had a code pop up due to this mod? I agree that it's an eye sore and I want to remove it for asthetic purposes BUT doesn't the resonator also provide some back pressure? Unless it's there strictly for sound deadening purposes. This is why i'm asking about throwing a code...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
greekrockstar said:
Has anyone had a code pop up due to this mod? I agree that it's an eye sore and I want to remove it for asthetic purposes BUT doesn't the resonator also provide some back pressure? Unless it's there strictly for sound deadening purposes. This is why i'm asking about throwing a code...

Dropping the back pressure will not through a code. Who told you it would?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You can cut the muffler off and not get a code.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Reduction of back pressure is always a good thing anyway. Exhaust velocity is the thing you want to maintain. The two are not the same :wink:

greekrockstar

Jan 21, 2012
I wasn't told it would throw a code by anyone but was just curious... My thought process was based on my experiences with the sub compact 4 cyclinder world i came from before buying a TB. Was just tossing a question out there.

With that said; Was the resonators sole purpose to help reduce noise/drone?

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
So I went back by the shop and had them swap out the aftermarket res they put on the other day, and put on a "more aggressive" res. Drone is much more muted now. Its still present, but not nearly as loud and obnoxious as it had been. I'd say its only really noticeable under hard acceleration and the tone seems to be lower as well. Drone isn't fully gone but its at least at an acceptable level for now. May still end up getting a different muffler down the road but for now i'm content and it only set me back $65. As for back pressure increase, not knowledgeable enough about the inner workings of the res, but I couldn't tell a difference in the get-up-and-go department

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online