Replacing the front grille assembly

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey all. I have tried searching but no luck. I am finding different info on different sites so I figure I would come to the experts and see what they say. I had the front grill assembly off my 06 TB to plasti dip it. While it was sitting on the garage floor drying my fiance returned home from work and failed to notice it. Needless to say it did not survive. I was able to get it back on well enough to look OK for now. My question to you all is will an 02 grille assembly work to replace it. I have seen breakout diagrams that make it look different but some sites looking to purchase one say that I can use the 02-05 model. Although I do not plan on buying it online I wanted to get thoughts before I go looking through the junkyard because all my local yards have is 2002 TB's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not in too big of a rush but would like to figure it out so I can do it before winter. Don't feel like working in the cold. Thanks all.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I don't see why not, the grille crossbar goes between the headlights on the 06's we've seen and the 02's. I think that is where you would get tied up. I hope this makes sense.

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I know they seem to look the same but with gmpartsdirect they show different parts. When I search on ebay it shows they are compatible though. Trying to save as much money as I can so not really wanting to pay the gmpartsdirect price. I am going to add pics of the breakout diagram and the parts list and see what everyone thinks. It would be great if the salvage yard would let me take one and try it and if it doesn't work return it but I know that they don't work that way. At least not here. The model year for the list and diagram is in red text. Thanks again for any help.

Attachments

• 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2002-1.jpg
    2002-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2006.jpg
    2006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 7
  • 2006-1.jpg
    2006-1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 65

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
It would be nice if you could try before buying. If GM is like most OEMs, they make the same part year after year but use a different part number to differentiate it from the other years. Same part, different p/n. May be a tracking tool or it may be to frustrate people like us. My vote is on the latter. :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Since you have an 06 LS the earlier 02-05 grill will work. The LT and newer is different.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Any LS grille will fit any other LS. You are probably seeing different part numbers because some of the LS came with painted crossbars in certain years, and because of the 06+ LT grille change. Here's the general breakdown

02-09 LS and 02-05 LT, every grille is interchangeable, some are painted, and a few have headlight washers, but they still fit

06-09 LT, different headlights, different grille, different front bumper

SS, uses the same headlights as the LS, different bumper, different grille

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.