Rear power windows don't go up or down

dlnelsonroca

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Cacalote, Oaxaca, Mexico
Hello! First my right rear window quit working. I checked the switch, and the left rear window worked fine with the right rear window switch. I then installed a new mechanism with the motor inside the right rear window, with no success. So, I quit using it. Now the left rear power window won't move either. I've checked all the fuses that seem like they could have something to do with the rear windows, but I don't see any other relay thing that seems related. I don't know how to correctly check for broken wiring between the truck body and the door. I did searches, and this seems to be a fairly common issue, but the wire checking language is pretty technical for me. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you in advance for any clarification or suggestions!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome. Did you check the basics? Fuses good and power and ground at the switch good? One thing I can think of is broken wires in the boot.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Please list the ...

(1) Year
(2) Make
(3) Model

...of the Vehicle involved here, as your Profile shows a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado.

fotoryder

Mar 23, 2019
Permian Basin, Texas
I had a similar issue. I replaced the window switch with no change, and then the window regulator assembly with no change. I finally found the issue was a bad wire in the harness within the door. Press the window switch, and then wiggle the wires in the door with the switch engaged, especially close to the wire connectors. I wasted a lot of money by not wiggling the wires.

dlnelsonroca

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Cacalote, Oaxaca, Mexico
I had a similar issue. I replaced the window switch with no change, and then the window regulator assembly with no change. I finally found the issue was a bad wire in the harness within the door. Press the window switch, and then wiggle the wires in the door with the switch engaged, especially close to the wire connectors. I wasted a lot of money by not wiggling the wires.
I did try wiggling the wires, and I think the problem must be there, although I haven't gotten the windows to respond yet. I did replace the harness in one of the windows. I'm going to try wiggling the other door wires now!

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonu

Members Online