rear end clunks

davidaward47

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I get a loud clunk when going down hills in turns when applying brakes if I have been driving for a little bit in those conditions. If I disable the stailetrack I don't get the clunks. If i am driving straight down hills it seems fine when I brake.
any ideas what is going on?

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
does the stabilitrak indicator on the dash light / flash during the problem? What kind of differential do you have? First guess would be the stabilitrak operated in some form applying brake to a given wheel which then caused some form a "binding" in the drive train that the rear end didn't liked. Depending of the conditions of the "curving", it might be an issue with the steering or the "yaw" sensor.... but again it would be more so IF the stabilitrak activate during the problem.
I would also check the rear brakes to ensure that the calipers are not seized in some form.

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
First thing I would look at are 2 things. The TSB in regards to the drive shaft slip yolk causing a banging sound. Also checking the rear axle control arms. They are known to rust and break.

davidaward47

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
First thing I would look at are 2 things. The TSB in regards to the drive shaft slip yolk causing a banging sound. Also checking the rear axle control arms. They are known to rust and break.
thanks.. I raised ip up today and inspected it with a bright light,everything looks fine so i gess i will drop the drive shaft and lube the splines going into the tranny

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.