Rear air deflector / spoiler part number?

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
So yesterday after a car wash and after driving all the way back home, I find out my lund windjammer came off somewhere :mad: then after searching most of last night and all of this morning, I find out lund discontinued most of they're products. I've had that thing on so long, I can't imagine my truck without one. anyone know the GM part number for the rear air deflector / spoiler? or did they discontinue those too, because they discontinued our trucks...:hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That sux. It did look good on your truck.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
If it's not available, there's one on ebay right now

[EBAY]310374684536[/EBAY]

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
:hissyfit:...I did get this email

(Hello Ed,

Thank you for your emailed inquiry to us at
GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts. We look forward to receiving your order. I have entered your supplied information into our licensed GM parts catalog and below are the part numbers requested and are verified as being correct per the information supplied. 17800651 Rear Air Defelector Package (black)(paintable)

which doesn't state if it is in stock, only that its the right part, so I ordered it..:frown:..I figured they would look first. :no:
so now I have the task of hounding them to find out if its in stock or not, before this ebay item is gone :mad:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
kardain said:
If anyone is feeling adventurous, maybe this place still has one of the old styles

Rear Air Deflector 12497618

Meh - little leery of updating a thread that's over a year old, but it seems like the right place to add current info...As of todays date GMPZ is listing both PNs (old style, integrated brake light #12497618 AND new style flat blade with 3rd brakelight REVEAL #17800651) for almost the exact same price of $126.

The old style claims fitment for MY 2002-2005 while the new style claims fitment for MY 2005 -2009. BOTH however have the picture for the old style.

Unsure if they actually have the stock...

attorneytom

May 31, 2013
WarGawd said:
Meh - little leery of updating a thread that's over a year old, but it seems like the right place to add current info...As of todays date GMPZ is listing both PNs (old style, integrated brake light #12497618 AND new style flat blade with 3rd brakelight REVEAL #17800651) for almost the exact same price of $126.

The old style claims fitment for MY 2002-2005 while the new style claims fitment for MY 2005 -2009. BOTH however have the picture for the old style.

Unsure if they actually have the stock...

Would this be the same replacement part for a Trailblazer ? Just wondering because mine has "the flaps" at speeds above 60 mph !)

Thanks for the input.

Tom

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Personally me. ..I don't like the rear deflector....but at the same time they are rare. Sucks you gotta drill holes to install.

attorneytom

May 31, 2013
jrSS said:
Personally me. ..I don't like the rear deflector....but at the same time they are rare. Sucks you gotta drill holes to install.

I like the appearance.. not the flapping so much. I think I messed mine up when I put my canoe on the car. They seem to pop up a little higher than the roof rack on that rear contour..

I had never really thought about it ? There appears to be four fastening places to it to the roof and the outside ones look just like plastic clip fasterners. Those are the ones that broke for me. Probably my fault for putting the weight of the canoe on them.

Sure can make a racket at highway speeds. I first noticed the issue this summer about 50 miles into the 800 mile trip . Stopped and duct taped the thing down.. which worked. When I returned I put some self taping screws into both layers of plastic and painted them to match the deflector.. which was fine until one side decided to give.:eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online