eBay Listing RARE 2006-2007 GM 4.2L Motor: Low Mileage ($1,500 + $220 Flate Rate Feight)

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
GM 4.2L 2006-2007 Low Mileage (67,444 Miles) $1.500.00 + $220.00 Flat Rate Freight out of Orlando, Florida:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338077216&icep_item=293681289169

Caveat Emptor (Buyer BEWARE)

Do your Due Diligence and call to get the Mileage Image from the Donor Vehicle and confirm that the Vehicle was RUNNING and TESTED by these Folks FIRST... Only a 90 Day Warranty... but at THIS stage in the life of GMT360s there is seldom if anything catastrophically worn down and out.

Be Suspicious and Ask Plenty of Questions!

A-A-AUTO.jpgGM42LA.jpgGM42LB.jpgGM42LC.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seems overpriced to me. I'm sure a better deal could be found locally with similar mileage.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Why is the cam cover black? It should be aluminum.

Good eye! Looking at it more closely, this is NOT an 06-07 engine. Clues are:
Plastic valve cover
No SAIS (has the 02-03 block off)
No temp sensor on right side (seems to be above thermostat)
Return type fuel rail system with two lines

It can be made to work in later years but it is being misrepresented or it's pics of the wrong engine. And I don't care how many miles, it's just too clean.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for the very close scrutiny of these artifacts, Gentlemen...Your "Good Eyes" contribute much to the "Education" of anyone intent upon purchasing a Used Engine. Your observations echo my original cautionary suggestion to:

"Be Very Suspicious... and Ask a Lot of Questions..."

Still... I look at that motor and wonder whether it is a Re-Manned Engine and has simply been mis-identified out of casual ignorance on the Salvage Lot ...or perhaps it arrived there after some other poor soul purchased it and could NOT get it to run in a 2006 or later year vehicle. THAT Damned Motor still intrigues me... it's just so Friggin' Clean.

...just noticed that the Harmonic Balancer is the Second Gen version... so perhaps it is Circa 2003 Motor...or a bit Later?

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I know someone in Ocala, FL that has purchased from this seller before (back in 2017 per his emails). Any and ALL images are generic, and not the actual engine purchased. As @MRRSM , ask A LOT of questions, get the exact vin from the truck it was donated from, and even run a carfax to verify mileage, and against cluster swaps. My buddy bought a low mile TB SS engine from him. It came with more than he needed in some ways, and less than he thought in others. It came with most of the wiring harness in tact (four sets of wires cut- Starter, Alternator, cooling fan, drive by wire throttle cable), which was a bonus when it came to swapping the harness over from the truck (easier to find where plugs go), and manifolds were still attached. But they advertised a complete engine, and he was not expecting the fuel rail/line to be cut just before it turns into a soft line, and the starter, alternator, throttle body, and water pump were not included...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online