Rad Leaking

de3jr88

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Ok so I dont think this belongs in this category but i think my Radiator is leaking from the bottom corner on the drivers side. I started smelling coolant a few days ago but couldnt see it leaking anywhere. Hoses are dry, water pump is good etc. I was underneath it today and the only wet spot is in the bottom corner where the sides are connected to the core. I cant see any other spots where it is wet, and it is definitely coolant. How do I confirm this is the spot where the leak is coming from? Can this be repaired or is it better to get the radiator replaced.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Sounds like it is the rad that is leaking, and, probably from somewhere around that corner

de3jr88 said:
Can this be repaired or is it better to get the radiator replaced.
Really hard to make a call, a lot of holes can be fixed.
You may have to pull it out, to inspect the leak, before you can tell if it is repairable.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I had a TranSport that started blowing lots of coolant. The end cap cracked right at a bracket boss molded into it. These parts are plastic and though they last a long time don't give you many repair options other than replacement. That's the route I went on the van.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online