Quick ? about my air suspension...

CReynoldsMIZ

Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Okay guys maybe you can help me with a dilemma im having. So, I posted before that I have a leaky air suspension caused by rotten air bags. I already know that I am getting a Heavy Duty Coil Conversion Kit for Christmas, so here is where my question lies. In the winter, the suspension nearly drops all of the way down overnight, and then when I drive it fills up fairly quickly. I am in college, and often times do not drive my car for a week or so. During this winter so far, when the car drops overnight, i go out and start the car for about a minute to let the air suspension fill up. Usually do this once a day if it is cold. Since I can go a few days or a week between driving, would it be better to just let the car sit bottomed out for a few days or a week? Or should I keep filling it up once a day. Im not sure if it is hard on the shocks or anything letting it sit there with its ass on the ground, but yet at the same point I dont want to burn up my compressor in the final month that i gotta live with it. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, love the site as well!

Dec 4, 2011
CReynoldsMIZ said:
Okay guys maybe you can help me with a dilemma im having. So, I posted before that I have a leaky air suspension caused by rotten air bags. I already know that I am getting a Heavy Duty Coil Conversion Kit for Christmas, so here is where my question lies. In the winter, the suspension nearly drops all of the way down overnight, and then when I drive it fills up fairly quickly. I am in college, and often times do not drive my car for a week or so. During this winter so far, when the car drops overnight, i go out and start the car for about a minute to let the air suspension fill up. Usually do this once a day if it is cold. Since I can go a few days or a week between driving, would it be better to just let the car sit bottomed out for a few days or a week? Or should I keep filling it up once a day. Im not sure if it is hard on the shocks or anything letting it sit there with its ass on the ground, but yet at the same point I dont want to burn up my compressor in the final month that i gotta live with it. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, love the site as well!

Since you are changing out the system in about 5-6 weeks I would just pump it up when you need it. If you continue to pump it up when you don't need it and ruin the compressor then you will have to deal with driving around with the rear end dragging. With luck and TLC you should make it until you can change it all out. Good Luck

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Don't worry about the shocks. The axle rests on bump stops designed to take the force if the air bags or compressor fails.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
:iagree: All you're doing is wasting gas. Let it sit and pump it up when you need it.

CReynoldsMIZ

Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Alright guys, looks like the consensus is to just let it sit, so that's what I will do. Thanks for the opinions! Also, is there any threads out there about retaining the air compressor to fill up balls, tires, etc...and switching over to coils as well?? Tried to search but no luck...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online