Question about tires sizes, changing to 20's

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Not necessarily...aftermarket wheels could be sweet!! Buy a set of SS wheels. That'll definately set ur ride off.

Rudeawakening

Jan 25, 2012
jrSS said:
Not necessarily...aftermarket wheels could be sweet!! Buy a set of SS wheels. That'll definately set ur ride off.

But it seems like it would be a pain to worry about the offset and lug pattern on after market stuff like that RZAwora brought to my attention. But I totally want to get a set, it would definatly make my ride look sweet :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Get a set of factory reproduction SS wheels. Those are badass and come in 20's or 22's. I want the 22's in black.

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Rudeawakening said:
But it seems like it would be a pain to worry about the offset and lug pattern on after market stuff like that RZAwora brought to my attention. But I totally want to get a set, it would definatly make my ride look sweet :thumbsup:

Don't let me discourage you from aftermarket wheels, that wasn't my intention. There are some cheap aftermarkets, but there some aftermarkets are far superior to any factory/OEM wheel. It's just that wheels aren't a one-size fits all. There are technical factors involved, as I mentioned, that you must pay attention to when selecting after-markets. The SS wheels are simple because you know they are the right pattern, offset, size, etc, and that they will fit no problem. There are plenty of after-markets that will fit too, you just have to make sure you are getting the right ones, that's all. It's up to you bro...

Rudeawakening

Jan 25, 2012
RZAwora said:
Don't let me discourage you from aftermarket wheels, that wasn't my intention. There are some cheap aftermarkets, but there some aftermarkets are far superior to any factory/OEM wheel. It's just that wheels aren't a one-size fits all. There are technical factors involved, as I mentioned, that you must pay attention to when selecting after-markets. The SS wheels are simple because you know they are the right pattern, offset, size, etc, and that they will fit no problem. There are plenty of after-markets that will fit too, you just have to make sure you are getting the right ones, that's all. It's up to you bro...

Ohhh lol :rotfl: I thought you ment becareful when selecting the SS rims for bolt paterns ect, I didnt know you were refering to other after market rims. Ok, lol. That makes me feel better lol :dielaugh:

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Sorry bro...don't know where the confusion came in. The SS wheels, whether OEM or factory reproductions are a direct fit WHEEL. There are various size TIRES you can put on that WHEEL. After-market WHEELs is where you need to worry about lug pattern and offset. On an after-market WHEEL there will also be various size TIRES that will fit each different WHEEL. A WHEEL doesn't call for a certain tire, the vehicle it's going on is what determines what size TIRE the WHEEL will require.
I know this is somewhat confusing if you're not grasping the concept, so hopefully you are getting it.

Rudeawakening

Jan 25, 2012
RZAwora said:
Sorry bro...don't know where the confusion came in. The SS wheels, whether OEM or factory reproductions are a direct fit WHEEL. There are various size TIRES you can put on that WHEEL. After-market WHEELs is where you need to worry about lug pattern and offset. On an after-market WHEEL there will also be various size TIRES that will fit each different WHEEL. A WHEEL doesn't call for a certain tire, the vehicle it's going on is what determines what size TIRE the WHEEL will require.
I know this is somewhat confusing if you're not grasping the concept, so hopefully you are getting it.

Yeah, I get it now. Thanks lol, I really apprecaite the help. I definately cant wait to get my mits on a set of SS rims :salivate:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online