Question about buying a yukon

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Thinking about buying a 07 Yukon Denali from a private selling where I live. Loaded to the max 6.2 leather navi everything someone would love. Only issue is a prior salvage due to hell damage and high mileage over 200k. Listed for 15k obo. What are some problems others have ran into with higher mileage on these

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
jrthomas05 said:
Thinking about buying a 07 Yukon Denali from a private selling where I live. Loaded to the max 6.2 leather navi everything someone would love. Only issue is a prior salvage due to hell damage and high mileage over 200k. Listed for 15k obo. What are some problems others have ran into with higher mileage on these

If this truck went to hell I'd be worried about gremlins! :rotfl:

Hail damage I assume...

I would absolutely have any vehicle checked out by a trusted mechanic before I bought it. If it has a salvage title I would have them go over it with an even more fine toothed comb. Also, KBB.com lists the value of the vehicle as $15700, in absolutly excellent prestine condition. Doesn't sound like you're getting any kind of deal, really. Most dealers won't take a trade-in with a salvage title, and you would need a lower price than what he has listed to make it worth your while.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
10K tops for that.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
10K tops for that.

+1 on that. That mileage is insanely high, and honestly you are probably in for lots of issues with the salvage/rebuilt title.

Feb 24, 2012
In general the drivetrains are pretty reliable, but that's too much $ IMO.

almost 3 years ago I bought my '05 Yukon XL with just under 100K miles for $13K. Loaded, SLT 2500 with the 8.1, clean title, leather, DVD, auto/rear climate, heated seats etc.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
deekster_caddy said:
In general the drivetrains are pretty reliable, but that's too much $ IMO.

almost 3 years ago I bought my '05 Yukon XL with just under 100K miles for $13K. Loaded, SLT 2500 with the 8.1, clean title, leather, DVD, auto/rear climate, heated seats etc.

I borrowed by buddy's 8.1 Avalanche a couple years ago to tow a 25' Sea-Ray. Had to keep checking the mirrors to make sure that thing was still back there. GOBS of torque and power on tap. Those V-8's are bad ass!

Feb 24, 2012
willn513 said:
I borrowed by buddy's 8.1 Avalanche a couple years ago to tow a 25' Sea-Ray. Had to keep checking the mirrors to make sure that thing was still back there. GOBS of torque and power on tap. Those V-8's are bad ass!

I can't rave enough about it, besides the poor MPG it's the best tow vehicle I've ever driven next to my '73 Buick. I'll be selling it in a few months though. Been reviving the '73 and I really just don't need the truck anymore. The 8.1 is a great motor, but nothing pulls like the old Buick. (The '73 LeSabre with the mighty 455 still gets better milage than the Yukon!)

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Just as a note, not that your in this situation.
Importing and registering a vehicle from the USA to Canada with a salvage title is extremely difficult if not impossible. If anyone's curious.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Love that truck, but wouldn't take it for free with 200k on it. Rather pay more for something with tops 100k miles.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online