Quad Beam Headlights W/ or W/O Fog lights (Diode Edition)

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
For the wiring under the relays, can you think of a reason that the wire needs to be that thick? Its just a 12v reference that only supplies the relay, not powering the circuit itself. Couldnt it be wire as thin as old telephone cord wire? Like 30g wire instead of the thicker wires pictured?

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
You probably could use 30g, I don't see why not. I think I'm going to use a die-grinder and cut a slot into the plastic face of the fuse box, to allow the relay to sit flush.

I don't plan to cut into the fuse box far enough to allow anything to fall into the box itself, just enough for the wire to site into the fuse box, that it's almost flush with the fuse box face.

A slot similar to this. It the closet image I could find. Just a slot, not cutting through the plastic to the inside of the fuse box.
1580486195088.png

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know it sounds weird coming from me, but that's WAY too much work for this mod. Smaller gauge wire, and cut back the insulation so it's not underneath the relay body, is the only modding you need to do for this to work. I think I used 22 AWG since that's the smallest I had, relays are flush and don't budge.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Remove a few fuses and that relay and it'll probably take me a minute to cut that slit though. I just don't want the wires to be able to move, so I'll probably tape them so they're flat against the fuse box, if possible.

Feb 18, 2016
Phillipsburg, NJ, USA
Midnyteryder196, Are you still selling the quad beam diode kits? Somebody on facebook pointed me in the direction of your write up I have no soldering skills and would love to buy the kit if still available.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Negative, but hit up Trevor greenstone.. TGCreative on Facebook and he will get ya setup.. he took over making them for me. 😀

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You need to bridge the wires in the switch. I did that but installed a switch so I could turn them on or off.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
No mate I don't. Just did a bridge wire between the two.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online