Programing Key Fob for GM15008008 & GM15008009

PBoneBallSack

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I only got one key and key fob with the 2003 Envoy SLT I just bought. I bought another off ebay (GM15008009). Has anyone ever programed on of these and can I program it using the following instructions?

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the 2 following
procedures:
Method 1 - No Tools Required

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle
the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to
confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button
simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15
seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of
that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the
keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct
system operation.

Method 2 - Scan Tool Required

1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
3. Use the scan tool in order to access the Lift Gate Module (LGM)
Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.
4. Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the
transmitters.
5. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct
system operation.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Phil

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
I used instructions from Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions, procedures for all automotive vehicles. Basically the same instructions as your post. The trickest part was your Step 4. Turn the key as far as possible WITHOUT starting the engine. I had to "practice". I think one of the part numbers is for Driver 1 the other for Driver 2 however it doesn't make any difference. Whatever remote you program first will be Driver 1. I have 3 remotes (we found the lost one after I bought one off ebay) so I have a Driver 1 - 2 & 3 remote.
The other thing is don't get to anxious.... it may take more than 15 sec for a response... maybe closer to 30 sec.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
looking to buy a remote for my truck- when i bought it it only came with one key (no remote). but its an LT and through research i get the impression that remote technology comes standard in them... did you guys just buy them off ebay, any other vendors or recommended sellers on ebay?? Im trying to get the original GM one, i dont like aftermarkets- looking for two key fobs.

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
I bought a used remote from this seller: CHEVY PONTIAC OLDS BUICK OLDSMOBILE GMC CADILLAC SATURN items in FREEPROGRAMREMOTES FREE PROGRAM KEYLESS CAR REMOTE FOBS store on eBay! It was about $14. If you search ebay using 15008008 or 15008009 as the search term you'll get many hits. Keeps in mind most of the listings are for used remotes... plus the 8008 or 8009 are the same. 8008 will have 1 on the back 8009 is 2 BUT the 1 or 2 is dependent on the order you program the remotes. The first programmed is 1..... and so forth.
I'm not endorsing this seller but was satisfied with the purchase.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
AbsoluteZero said:
I bought a used remote from this seller: CHEVY PONTIAC OLDS BUICK OLDSMOBILE GMC CADILLAC SATURN items in FREEPROGRAMREMOTES FREE PROGRAM KEYLESS CAR REMOTE FOBS store on eBay! It was about $14. If you search ebay using 15008008 or 15008009 as the search term you'll get many hits. Keeps in mind most of the listings are for used remotes... plus the 8008 or 8009 are the same. 8008 will have 1 on the back 8009 is 2 BUT the 1 or 2 is dependent on the order you program the remotes. The first programmed is 1..... and so forth.
I'm not endorsing this seller but was satisfied with the purchase.

thanks for the good info, sorry i stepped away from my computer for a while.

stupid question probabaly, but just want some clarification. I have an LT, so remote technology is factory built in right? the car came with literally only a single key.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
maybe you can try and get the car in programming mode? 1. Hold the unlock door key 2. turn on switch and off. on and off. Then the doors should automatically lock/unlock. If it reaches there then your car is in programming mode for FOBs so would guess your car has it :biggrin:

I did read somewhere that a guy was trying but eventually turned out didn't have it :smile:

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
TB2k4 said:
thanks for the good info, sorry i stepped away from my computer for a while.

stupid question probabaly, but just want some clarification. I have an LT, so remote technology is factory built in right? the car came with literally only a single key.

See if there's an "AU0" in the RPO list.

jpr1978

Dec 9, 2011
I have a 2004 Buick Rainier and I have two new keyless fobs that I am trying to program to the truck. They are the correct part numbers per my local GM dealership. Using the manual programming instuctions, the vehicle enters programming mode, but about 10 seconds later the locks cycle and the horn beeps twice. No matter how quickly I hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the remotes, the car exits programming without programming either remote. Any ideas or hints?!?!?!?

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
the instructions seem easy enough to follow, but im more of a visual person so naturally i looked it up on youtube. maybe a video will help:

[video=youtube;sMuW-L6ZwQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMuW-L6ZwQg&context=C392ea9bADOEgsToPDskIrbz0R24sb3T4OLme3PJXC[/video]

(not an endorsement or anything, just found this video to be a helpful visual aide to the written directions here).

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
how much did you guys pay for your fobs on ebay?? ive been seeing 2 for 20-30$. that sounds good. i called the dealership today- guy said it was $64, i laughed at him and hung up the phone.

Hey abosolute zero- i checked my service tag in the glove box and it had AU0 so i should be all good?

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
TB2k4 said:
Hey abosolute zero- i checked my service tag in the glove box and it had AU0 so i should be all good?

My resource, which was when compnine was active, shows: AU0 LOCK CONTROL,REMOTE ENTRY(KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM) REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0)
I've confirmed my 03 has this RPO and has keyless entry.
As previously mentioned I paid about $14 from the ebayer. Keep in mind the vast majority of ebay remotes will be used. He claimed he "checks" the batteries and did not routinely put new ones in. When received I did check the battery voltage and found it to be slightly above 3v so I didn't replace it. The CR2030 battery is very common and not too expenive.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
just purchased mine on ebay. should be at my door wednesday or thursday. ill confirm the install. thanks to you guys for putting up with my questions.

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online