NEED HELP Problem with new radio and interface

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
OK, need some help guys, i'm in the middle of replacing the OEM Radio with a kick ass Sony (Sorry Pioneer, pics later once install is finished). In the searching I was doing for the cheapest harness that would work and retain steering wheel controls and I didn't care about Onstar I came across a listed that listed the Factory Amplified so long as it wasn't certain RPO codes I found the Scosche GM2000SW, in the listing photos it says its compatible with 02-09 TB's as long as you don't have the RPO codes Y91, Y92 or Z75, none of which I have, all the codes I decoded on mine that had anything to do with the stereo where UQA, UK6, UC6, and ZQ3, I get it all wired up, radio powers on, got the door chimes work but NO MUSIC, whether I connect the remote wire to the factory harness or not I get no sound. did I get the wrong harness? if so which is the right harness?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Does the door chime sound come from the speakers or from the interface box? If from the box, then it has its own speaker for the chimes, avoiding trying to send the chimes to the Bose amp like the others (and like my Scosche non-Bose interface). This would tell me that the Bose amp is not being turned on.

The interface's blue/white wire is the 12v+ trigger wire. Check that it gets 12v+ when the HU is turned on. If not, it may not be the right one from the HU. It's usually called an antenna + wire.

At worse, you could call Scosche's tech support:

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Just confirmed a 12v+ (well 11.45 with the engine off) at the connection between the radio's Remote Wire and the Harnesses Blue/White wire.

I have ordered the Crux unit that Cruthfield calls for for the bose system and will swap that when it comes and see if it works better.

Edit: as for the Door Chime it sounds like it's coming from Both the Box that is part of the harness and the tweeters in the dash.

Last edited:

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I found an oddity with the Scosche box. After replacing the vehicle battery the radio would no longer turn on and no chime from the box. I disconnected the connector to the scosche box for a moment and reconnected it. Then everything worked normally.
I found the chime to be too loud so I added a resistor in series with the speaker.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe your battery is too weak? These trucks do have power saving modes when battery power is low.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
It doesn't happen with a weak battery. Only after the battery cable is disconnected. Even after installing a new battery the same thing happens. There could be something "not quite right" with the box, but when I do the connector reset the box works normally and keeps working.
weird.......

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was talking to the OP. His battery is weak and could be going into power saving mode.

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
I was talking to the OP. His battery is weak and could be going into power saving mode.
Not the power saving mode, as a test last night I reconnected the stock radio and it played static of whatever radio station it was tuned into over the speakers just fine and then unplugged and connected the new radio and no audio.

I noticed something that might be weird though, the door chimes that sound like they are coming through the dash tweeters was chiming even with NO RADIO or Schoche Harness plugged in.

The Crux harness from Crutchfield arrived today, i'll wire that up later tonight.

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
OK, rewired with Crux CS-GMC2 harness took a little tweaking to the Dip Switches on the Crux for the steering wheel controls, had to use "Old Sony" instead of "New Sony" despite the head unit being a modern XAV9500ES for that but that got the Volume Control working and thats all I care about.
So for anyone in the future who googles this, the Scosche GM2000SW DOES NOT WORK WITH THE BOSE SYSTEM, Your cheapest option (if you don't mind losing Onstar) is the Crux CS-GMC2.

Reactions: Mooseman

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Now i'm getting mad, It was up and running and had the dash all put back together, I drove it to the other side of town, then on the drive home the audio dropped out. If I power cycle the key, remove key, open door to kill the RAP then reinsert key and turn it on the audio comes back but only for about 30 seconds, feels like something is tripping into a protect mode or something. Either way done messing with it in this rain.

Edit: 1 AM troubleshooting now that the rain has passed, if the key is in the Accessory Position the radio plays with no problems, About 10-15 seconds after the key is switched to the On position the audio cuts out, I have repeated this at least 4 times now.

The Crux CS-GMC2 unit has 2 LEDS, one red and one blue, the blue one is flashing (regardless of if the key is in the acc or on position) which according to the Troubleshooting is a "CAN not recognized"indication but it gives no things to try to fix this.

I've got an idea to try using my multi-meter to see where the audio signal is being lost at, like if there is input to the module and not output then I would know the Crux module is the problem or if no input to the crux would suggest an issue with the headunit. Off to get my multi-meter.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RRay

Members Online