Power mirrors?

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
My truck doesnt have em, what would it take to get them installed...how hard is it ? And what all do I need ?
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
A couple hundred dollars to buy the replacement aftermarket mirrors, a familiarity with electrical fabrication, and 30 seconds with the search function. :wink:

Assuming you mean power FOLDING mirrors.

If you mean power AIMING mirrors, those were stock on everything except fleet vehicles, IIRC, and it's almost impossible to add those due to missing circuits inthe DDM/PDM and the control logic has been disabled inthe BCM and would need to be unlocked by a Tech II. I think.

If you mean power HEATED mirrors, that's plug and play, I think.
 

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
the roadie said:
A couple hundred dollars to buy the replacement aftermarket mirrors, a familiarity with electrical fabrication, and 30 seconds with the search function. :wink:

Assuming you mean power FOLDING mirrors.

If you mean power AIMING mirrors, those were stock on everything except fleet vehicles, IIRC, and it's almost impossible to add those due to missing circuits inthe DDM/PDM and the control logic has been disabled inthe BCM and would need to be unlocked by a Tech II. I think.

If you mean power HEATED mirrors, that's plug and play, I think.

Aiming mirrors...that sucks!!!!
 

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
the roadie said:
Was yours a former fleet (rental) vehicle? Maybe some years omitted the power mirrors from the LS trim level? There's a reason "LS" stands for "Less Stuff." :wink:

Nope. Yes ls...that sucks !!!!!!!!!
 

vipergg

Member
Dec 7, 2011
191
I'm in the same boat. For some reason they built a number of Isuzu Ascender "S" models with no power mirrors , WTH ??? Has power everything else like locks and even foglights but no power mirrors. Also has no keyless entry . I got a tremendous buy on it so I bought it anyway .
 

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
vipergg said:
I'm in the same boat. For some reason they built a number of Isuzu Ascender "S" models with no power mirrors , WTH ??? Has power everything else like locks and even foglights but no power mirrors. Also has no keyless entry . I got a tremendous buy on it so I bought it anyway .

I dont even have cruise control which makes highway driving a real stress on my leg and wallet. My previous vehicle was a chrysler now I miss it even tho parts were tagged with prices like Ferrari. MPG was 32 highway 27city. I used cruise everyday on the freeway.


In the tb No power mirrors no cruze no auto seats. I do have wireless entry and power auto windows. Oh I am making payments lmao but for what I got for with the mileage and price was too good not to pass up.
 

vipergg

Member
Dec 7, 2011
191
Ghost said:
I dont even have cruise control which makes highway driving a real stress on my leg and wallet. My previous vehicle was a chrysler now I miss it even tho parts were tagged with prices like Ferrari. MPG was 32 highway 27city. I used cruise everyday on the freeway.


In the tb No power mirrors no cruze no auto seats. I do have wireless entry and power auto windows. Oh I am making payments lmao but for what I got for with the mileage and price was too good not to pass up.

there is nothing to adding cruise just have your dealer order the turn signal stalk with the cruise control settings on it and install it and you have cruise. Mine didnt have cruise either when I bought it but insisted on it as part of the sale and all they had to do is install a turn signal lever with cruise controls. Part is around $125. . GM had some ridiculous options packages on this model , missing cruise, power mirrors (who builds vehicles without power mirrors in this day and age) , no keyless entry even though the truck has power locks . How screwed up is that !!!!
 

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
vipergg said:
there is nothing to adding cruise just have your dealer order the turn signal stalk with the cruise control settings on it and install it and you have cruise. Mine didnt have cruise either when I bought it but insisted on it as part of the sale and all they had to do is install a turn signal lever with cruise controls. Part is around $125. . GM had some ridiculous options packages on this model , missing cruise, power mirrors (who builds vehicles without power mirrors in this day and age) , no keyless entry even though the truck has power locks . How screwed up is that !!!!

I dont think the module is even on the engine for cruise ?
 

MAY03LT

Member
Nov 18, 2011
3,420
Delmarva
A few folks have reported that adding cruise is just a matter of swapping out the stalk.

I recall someone added power mirrors and they were plug and play, except for getting the heaters working.
 

Ghost

Original poster
Member
Jun 1, 2012
932
MAY03LT said:
A few folks have reported that adding cruise is just a matter of swapping out the stalk.

I recall someone added power mirrors and they were plug and play, except for getting the heaters working.

I would rather have the cruise first over the mirrors!
 

Wishbone

Member
Dec 5, 2011
343
the roadie said:
Was yours a former fleet (rental) vehicle? Maybe some years omitted the power mirrors from the LS trim level? There's a reason "LS" stands for "Less Stuff." :wink:

Mine also had no cruise,which I made a condition of purchase. The dealer swapped the blinker stalk and now I have cruise. The first mod I did was stopping at Mickey Shorr and got remote start/keyless entry installed. I also don't have power mirrors, which I want badly. My concern is installing the control on the door panel where there is nothing now. I've been told that the doors are prewired for the mirrors but haven't checked yet.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,327
Posts
637,949
Members
18,531
Latest member
jvest

Members Online