Plasti Dip side door moldings?

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
So many scratches :sadcry: In NYC I can't bear to take them off. But it looks so bad. I'm about to plasti dip It cover the scratches in the clear.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I don't think the plasti will damage anything. The paint's already scratched so what harm could it do and if it gets dinged by someone opening their door just peel of and redo. What color plasti were you going to use? Nevermind about color saw your truck info. but the plasti will be more of a flat black compared to the gloss finish of the factory finish.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i did the door trims on my DD Grand Prix... been through 3 power washes... and all has held up fine... you'll like it..

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
TexazReece said:
I don't think the plasti will damage anything. The paint's already scratched so what harm could it do and if it gets dinged by someone opening their door just peel of and redo. What color plasti were you going to use? Nevermind about color saw your truck info. but the plasti will be more of a flat black compared to the gloss finish of the factory finish.

True. I just need something that makes it black again. Don't mind the flat black part. I just hate seeing it cleaned and I see white scratches everywhere. And I've tried scratch removers and polish a little bit of rubbing compound and its still there.

- - - Updated - - -

Boricua SS said:
i did the door trims on my DD Grand Prix... been through 3 power washes... and all has held up fine... you'll like it..

Thanks I will probably do it on a nice warm day

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
The Krylon Fusion works well too. I did the top two steps on the rear bumper. They were ash grey and really rough. Came out looking really well. Also, you can pick that up in flat, satin(what I chose), and gloss. But since this is paint, 90% prep, 10% application.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Conner299 said:
The Krylon Fusion works well too. I did the top two steps on the rear bumper. They were ash grey and really rough. Came out looking really well. Also, you can pick that up in flat, satin(what I chose), and gloss. But since this is paint, 90% prep, 10% application.

Any pics of what yours turned out like? Mine are going to get some TLC this summer

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:

Dipyourcar.com has gloss and all sorts of close stuff to change the look of PlastiDip.

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
For those who asked to see what the bumper panels I did with the Krylon Fusion look like... here ya go. Put the paint on back in November, on Thanksgiving day. I didn't do the best prep I could've, and they still came out looking pretty good. The plan is to do the rest of all the plastic like this, in warmer weather...View attachment 25994

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Derrick Rucker

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good ....now u need to do the rest of the plastics.
Edit* just read your whole post. Haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online