Photoshop Help

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Could anyone with PhotoShop skills help me out? I want to purchase the 20" SS wheels but want to plasti them white and basically just would like to see how they'd look on my truck, appreciative your help.

View attachment 22466

Attachments

• IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 34

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Not exactly perfect, didn't spend much time trying to make things exact, but I think it will give you the picture you're looking for.
View attachment 22474

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 26

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
This may be a little clearer in what you're looking for. Front wheel came out kinda shitty but you get the idea.

sswhite.jpg

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for everyone's help. By looking at the pics I don't think it looks as good as I thought it would. What yall think?

Jeenyus

Jan 7, 2012
Not sure if your still doing this but, I think it looks pretty good to have them white. Its different and no one else has done it! (plus you can peel it off if you dont like it!)

Heres my photoshop edit for you...

View attachment 23050

Attachments

• trailblazer.jpg
    trailblazer.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 14

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I think they look pretty bad ass!!!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Hard to say.....I remember my last boss had one of these and the white wheels looked pretty good.
In your situation it's a tough call.

Image taken from web.

Attachments

• 1999saleenexplorer.jpg
    1999saleenexplorer.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 174

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I like the concept, went to school with a guy who's mom had a white SS with white SS rims. It looked good but I imagine brake dust would be a bitch.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm picking up the wheels within a week and I already ordered white plasti. I will dip them, post pics and take it from there. It may look better in person:biggrin: Thanks for the PhotoShop pic Jeenyus

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
I'm picking up the wheels within a week and I already ordered white plasti. I will dip them, post pics and take it from there. It may look better in person:biggrin:

Definitely a good choice! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Jeenyus

Jan 7, 2012
TexazReece said:
I'm picking up the wheels within a week and I already ordered white plasti. I will dip them, post pics and take it from there. It may look better in person:biggrin: Thanks for the PhotoShop pic Jeenyus

No problem at all, can't wait to see it!

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
i plastidipped my SS 22s white earlier this year, and after the first car wash they were noticably stained. You can scrub it slightly but risk peeling it, also i used the clear gloss they make for it and it didnt help any with keeping it clean.
Good luck.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I saw a black ram the other day with white rims, deff different look but I can see white getting dirty pretty easy. If you like the look into power coating quotes and see how much you'll need for it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I saw a black ram the other day with white rims, deff different look but I can see white getting dirty pretty easy. If you like the look into power coating quotes and see how much you'll need for it

The one on facebook page of Lifted Trucks? The wheels looked amazing on it.

I had white wheels on mine and loved the look. I was inspired by the JK built by the one magazine for a border to border adventure. Had white steel wheels on a white JK. I did not have any real issue with brake dust, but I was running 15 inch rims.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
TexazReece said:
Thanks for everyone's help. By looking at the pics I don't think it looks as good as I thought it would. What yall think?

With the wheel being brighter white than the body in that particular pic, I think it makes for an undesireable distraction that is maybe skewing your opinion ...if the wheels better matched body, it might work better?

EDIT: whoops didn't read far enough - Jeenyus got the match better and it looks good to me

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
View attachment 23121
TexazReece said:
Could anyone with PhotoShop skills help me out? I want to purchase the 20" SS wheels but want to plasti them white and basically just would like to see how they'd look on my truck, appreciative your help.

View attachment 8816

might not be ss rims, but hope it helps you to get an idea. not my voy :frown:

Attachments

• 8250d1343316475-pic-white-rims-white-truck-envoy-white-rims-3.jpg
    8250d1343316475-pic-white-rims-white-truck-envoy-white-rims-3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The one on facebook page of Lifted Trucks? The wheels looked amazing on it.

I had white wheels on mine and loved the look. I was inspired by the JK built by the one magazine for a border to border adventure. Had white steel wheels on a white JK. I did not have any real issue with brake dust, but I was running 15 inch rims.

No it was on my way home. Reminded me of this thread so I took a pic of it, I think white would flow way better with the white trucks but not a awful look! View attachment 23125 best picture I was able to take I was entering a freeway.

15" rims might make it so they don't get as dirty maybe I don't know. Maybe more tire and more space between the ground helps you know

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349276627.734967.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349276627.734967.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 119

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Those rims are ugly before they became white or went on a black or white truck. I am not sure about the white rims on the black vehicle, but it doesn't look any worse than black on black(spare tire look).

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Those rims are ugly before they became white or went on a black or white truck. I am not sure about the white rims on the black vehicle, but it doesn't look any worse than black on black(spare tire look).

I was kinda on the edge with the color and rims this guy put also, it's ok not ugly but not something I would do to a black truck.

Yeah I'm a fan of gunmetal color, gives a darker color but you can also tell there are rims there too. Gunmetal looks good on all cars really. That's just me maybe I don't know lol

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I was kinda on the edge with the color and rims this guy put also, it's ok not ugly but not something I would do to a black truck.

Yeah I'm a fan of gunmetal color, gives a darker color but you can also tell there are rims there too. Gunmetal looks good on all cars really. That's just me maybe I don't know lol

:iagree: the white rims on black doesn't look good at all and gunmetal does look good

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good. They have duplicolor white wheel paint if the p-dip doesn't work out. But you've gotta sand the wheels.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Looks good. They have duplicolor white wheel paint if the p-dip doesn't work out. But you've gotta sand the wheels.

Thanks bruh, I kept thinking about that when you passed that info to me. I just might do the dupli in the future :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online