Photo Contest # 15 (extended)

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
test Your photo skills with GMTNations member photo contest!
Submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

topic

Voymom said:
Your GMT and something festive, Or related to the holidays. Members in other countries and those who don't celebrate our holidays can do a picture with something related to their holiday/culture.

Deadline; December 28th, 11.59 pm

Rules:
-Must be a picture taken by your hand or another GMTNation member.

-If you are in the picture or driving the vehicle, it may be by someone else's hand. no one else's pictures please.

-Must be of your vehicle (Preferable a GMT).

-No pics older than 6 months. (This is to get people to get out and take pics.)

-One entry per member. Members may change their entry and submit a different picture, but may only enter one picture in total. When changing your entry make sure to include Final Entry in that post, or the first picture you posted will be used.

-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be included into a poll topic with the GMTNation public deciding upon the winner.

Good luck, and have fun!..:thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ahh this one is perfect

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_20121201_195239.jpg
    IMG_20121201_195239.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 71

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Boog2006 said:
Very nice

Thanks boog! We pissed off a lot of spectators for the picture lol was probably illegal too, but it was fun.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fletch09 said:
place holder

That looks cool! Got any details about the pic? Looks like a Christmas light tunnel...

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Cool shot Voymom and a great topic. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
That looks cool! Got any details about the pic? Looks like a Christmas light tunnel...

it's a tunnel at the end of the drivable display @ MOOSEHEART "The Child City" Mooseheart Child City & School, Inc
they put up a display thru out the campus every year.
went there last night, have some other pics, but not sure which one i want to use for my entry.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Well, I tried - went in to Ottawa tonite and was planning on getting a parking spot somewhere out front of the parliament buildings. I was going to try a long exposure shot, so that the truck and the buildings were gradually exposed the right amount, and the traffic driving by would leave a bunch of streaky motion trails of headlights and taillights. Spent a bit of time with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, went to do the shot only to discover a snowstorm had blown in. Gave it a shot anyway, asked one of the many cops parked in their cruisers on the grounds if they'd do me a favor and let me park a little closer, but they weren't cooperative. Anyway, I set up and took a couple shots anyway, but no truck in the pic means no official contest entry - yet!

View attachment 25367

Attachments

• Ottawa Parliament Xmas Lights-GMT.jpg
    Ottawa Parliament Xmas Lights-GMT.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 49

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
WarGawd said:
Well, I tried - went in to Ottawa tonite and was planning on getting a parking spot somewhere out front of the parliament buildings. I was going to try a long exposure shot, so that the truck and the buildings were gradually exposed the right amount, and the traffic driving by would leave a bunch of streaky motion trails of headlights and taillights. Spent a bit of time with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, went to do the shot only to discover a snowstorm had blown in. Gave it a shot anyway, asked one of the many cops parked in their cruisers on the grounds if they'd do me a favor and let me park a little closer, but they weren't cooperative. Anyway, I set up and took a couple shots anyway, but no truck in the pic means no official contest entry - yet!

View attachment 11121

That's a real nice pic tho! Is that a fire burning in the middle on that raised piece? Just for the fun of it you should get rid of the fire and add a pic of your Envoy just to see what it looks like in the pic :undecided:

I'm running out of time so I might have to use rule #4 and submit an old pic "-No pics older than 6 months. (This is to get people to get out and take pics.)", I'm not sure this rule makes any sense the way it's written up because you can't go back in time to go out and take a pic :crazy:...Maybe we should change rule #4 to " -No old pics. (This is to get people out and take pics)" :undecided:, just a thought...

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Question? Can I alter a pic to remove red eye or is that not allowed?

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
my entry. other was a place holder.

as for Denali n DOO's question, it's my opinion that red eye reduction would fall under "resize, crop" catagory and would be acceptable.
Feel free to override me, Big ED.
since it's only Voymom and myself at this time w/ official entries, I'm not oppossed to extending deadline for more entries.

Attachments

• gmt photo cont. 15 009.jpg
    gmt photo cont. 15 009.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 21

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I can't keep the salt off the Envoy long enough to get a clean picture :-(

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
fletch09 said:
my entry. other was a place holder.

as for Denali n DOO's question, it's my opinion that red eye reduction would fall under "resize, crop" catagory and would be acceptable.
Feel free to override me, Big ED.

Second that...

fletch09 said:
since it's only Voymom and myself at this time w/ official entries, I'm not oppossed to extending deadline for more entries.

Not opposed to that either, but with a week extension falling during the week leading up to Christmas it may be of little practical use...I know I'm busy as hell, and I even have all my shopping done! And without an extension, the next one would start right at the beginning of the new year, somehow seems fitting. Either way is good by me.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ok, I know everyone's busy with christmas stuff and this is a good topic. we'll extend this so we can get some more great pic's.:thumbsup:

(Question? Can I alter a pic to remove red eye or is that not allowed?)

I agree that would fall under the altering category but as long as that's the only thing done, I'd say its ok. but this is everyone's contest, so everyone would have to agree with it as the only alteration allowed..:undecided:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Well if if not too late I'll throw this one in. My daughter after being in the Santa Claus parade. I only wish I knew how edit out the red eye. So much for red reduction mode, spoils a nice smile, crap camera I guess...

Edit: red eye removed, thanks for the PM help...

Attachments

• DSC02867_.jpg
    DSC02867_.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 10

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
Well if if not too late I'll throw this one in. My daughter after being in the Santa Claus parade. I only wish I knew how edit out the red eye. So much for red reduction mode, spoils a nice smile, crap camera I guess...

Any half-decent pic viewing prog should be able to edit out the red-eye D...
Even the built-in pic viewer within M$ Office has that functionality I think...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online