Persistent p0172 and p0175

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Oil smells like gas real bad. I've read that can cause a rich condition but can also be caused by a rich condition amongst other things.
what??? it is so rich that your cylinders are "awash" with gas... equivalent to a "flooded, no start condition". Not overly surprising given the trims and the attempt by the system to overcome the richness. It is certainly not going to help your engine running oil with that much contamination in it. If anything, its lowering your compression which might cause some further issues. I haven't looked back thru this long thread but since you are some what of expert on the obd app stuff now, you should relook at your cylinder misfires (I am not even sure that you ever did). I can't believe with "gas smell oil" that the misfire counts aren't there.

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Changed the oil and filter and nothing. Check engine light is gone but that's because I sold the trailblazer. It was sad to see it go off but it's in good hands. Thank you so much to gmtnation, even though the problem wasnt resolved there was so much useful knowledge and support here. You all have been amazing and I appreciate the time and help not just with this rich condition but other problems I had that were resolved either through direct help on my threads or old posts I was able to use.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.