PC suicide

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Haven't been posting much latley because my computer has been acting up.Last night I had enough...I told the PC that it was a POS,lazy,slow and couldn't follow simple instructions...I guess I was a little too hard on it because it jumped up and threw itself from my second floor window.....sad:frown:
Today I got a new PC and I'm surfing at light speed...life is good again:biggrin:
Don't know why the old PC took it so hard ,funny thing is my printer did the same thing about a year ago:undecided:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats on the purchase. I've been using my little Acer 10" webbook as my primary computer for some time now. I think it's the best $278 I've ever spent. (Walmart) :thumbsup:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
.................... If only they would all just take a flying leap.......................

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Mine has been sitting in a box for the last month (since the move). It's such a POS that it isnt even worth setting it back up. All it does is frustrate me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I keep hoping my wife's laptop with end it all so I can get something like Sam has. That lil netbook is sweet.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
BO TIE SS said:
Congrats on the purchase. I've been using my little Acer 10" webbook as my primary computer for some time now. I think it's the best $278 I've ever spent. (Walmart) :thumbsup:

My new one is a 20" HP all-in-one with touch screen.Don't know if I needed the TS but with the $130 instant rebate it was under $600 which seemed pretty good for PC money,the startup procedure was so easy compared to what I remember with the old "dearly departed" computer....Mike.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
hahaha good to hear your back.
I just picked up a Dell Inspiron 15R from microcenter for $141 Open Box Needed a charger and wifi card
Well that set me back about a whole $34 on eBay. Luvin this thing. I have the 1st gen hp all in one still kickin those things are nice

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
They can be a PITA, but that's when I just reformat the darn thing and make it like new!! It is a process to do but worth it to me.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:

took your advice Sam and also got the Aspire last Christmas... it has held up awesome for me... some things i would change on it if i could, but it suits all my needs and is my primary computer, over my Compaq desktop... got it for $248 at Wally world...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Phantom said:
They can be a PITA, but that's when I just reformat the darn thing and make it like new!! It is a process to do but worth it to me.

Yeah I did a"PC restore" awhile back and it was okay for some time.This time it gave me a "cannot restore" message and from that point on it would not do anything,not even accept the operating system CDs for reprograming.These things are poster children for our throw away society,mine got a fitting garbage tote burial...minus the hard drive...Mike.

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
HAHA thats funny :rotfl:, I had a similar incident a few years back. Mine made me put my fist down on the top of the desktop... I had to take apart the disk drive to get my cd back as it would not open :wootwoot:

northcreek said:
it jumped up and threw itself from my second floor window.....sad:frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.