Passenger low beam/drl/reverse light not working.

mrjean

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
ok so last night i noticed that my passenger low beam was out. no biggie i thought. today i went and bought a new pair of low beam lights to install (i hear its always good to change in pairs). i installed and nothing. still dead. i then test the old passenger lightbulb on the driver side lightbulb and lo and behold it works fine. all the lights work fine except for the low beam light on that passenger side. i also noticed that the drl does not come one either. the other lights work fine. any idea what i could do to test this out. im rulling out the hdm relay because the driver side low/high beam work fine.

on a separate subject (could misteriously be related) my passenger side reverse light is also acting up. i changed the light bulb and nothing. still dead. tested the passenger side on the driver side reverse light socket and it works fine. i am so stumped. id appreciate any help

on another separate separate subject, my driver (not passenger side this time) a/c is not working. the blower works but it never cools enough like the passenger side. heat works fine however (that i could remember)

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Did you check the fuse for the pass. side headlight? #3

Also, #43 is for the High beams
#46 is for the Low beams

mrjean

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
no i have not. is that under the middle row? do you know which number it is? should i rull out the hdm relay?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mrjean said:
no i have not. is that under the middle row? do you know which number it is? should i rull out the hdm relay?

I up-dated my response with the numbers and it is the fuse box under the hood.

Also, yes, you can rule out the relays.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
I have a friend with an 02 envoy and the brake lights and reverse lights quit on his, but not the high mount lamp. She said her mechanic couldn't figure it out. Well she came to me about a different problem with her interior lights goin crazy and other things. Without even knowing about the brake and reverse problems I fixed up her instrument cluster to fix the gremlins inside and she came to me 2 days later asking what I did to fix the brake/reverse lights.... Just wanted to let you know about that story.

mrjean

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
FYI,
this turned out to the be the low headlamp bulb socket. it was bad. bought a new one at autozone and replaced it and worked fine.
one thing is...the replacement one from autozone is a bit longer than the oem one. it was hard to maneuver it back into the headlamp hole.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online