passenger door electrical problem

jorsr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
window-door lock - heated seat - all broken - cant even get it to work from drivers side control ,I checked the fuse under back seat -swiched it with drivers side -nothing .... any ideas ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I would suspect some damaged wiring in the rubber boot passing between the cabin and the door. (from the repeated flexing) Have you checked any of the wiring yet?

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
If you've taken the working driver's side module and put it in the passenger's door with no response, and you've put the
passenger's side module in the driver's door and it worked (for the driver's window at least), then it's most likely wiring, as
Blckshdw said.

Check the wiring where it passes from the door to the body. The wiring can get broken inside the rubber boot, and even inside the insulation,
so it's not visible. You may have to apply a meter to the wiring to do a proper check, if nothing is visible.

Could also be a damaged ground path for that door.

The driver's door module can't control the passenger's window if there's a wiring problem breaking communication from the body control
module to the door.

Did you do a visual check of the fuse, or check it with a meter? Sometimes the fuse can be faulty or have a poor connection without
looking blown.

Good Luck!

Chris

jorsr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
There was a broken wire inside the door but the control on the door (window,heated seat,door lock ) still not working - my machanic said i need a new unit $240 from chevy and it needs to be programed $85 at chevy dealer . I told the guy at chevy i can get one on ebay for $95 and he said still needs to be programed then he said that my unit may still be ok and just needs to be reprogramed . Any one know anything about this ???

neelskit

Dec 7, 2011
As long as the PDM you get off ebay has the same features (heated seats, mirrors, etc.) as your truck, it will not need to be programmed. I went this same route when the DDM on my Trailblazer failed 3 years ago. I bought one off ebay, and it has worked ever since. Also make sure the module you get is the same design as your current module- at some point (2006?) GM changed the design of the actual switches.

jorsr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Thank you - just ordered it on ebay - will follow up after i get it

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Were you able to manipulate the passenger window and door lock from the driver's side after repairing the broken wire? Did you swap modules again to confirm the PDM is bad?

jorsr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
passinger side door still doesnt work from drivers side controls

91RS

Dec 4, 2011
jorsr said:
passinger side door still doesnt work from drivers side controls

Nothing will work in that door if the door module is bad. If you have power and ground at the connector for the module, it is bad. Like others have said, you can get a used module and get away with not reprogramming it (this is about the only module this works for). Just note: there is a small chance of getting a bad used module, too. The first door module I bought to go with my heated seats was bad and I had to buy another.

jorsr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Got the part and pluged it in and voila working like new - Thanks for all your help

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online