Paint hood black? Need suggestions please

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
Hey guys.. I dont know if any of you have seen code reds video on plasti diping his hood.. anyway!, this got me thinking how my TB would look if i did some sort of strip down the middle, or strips where the groves are in the hood.

These are my most up to date pics of the TB. Please let me know how u guys think it would look, or any design ideas :smile: it is plasti dip so it will peel off but id still like to know what my fellow nation guys and gals think... Thanks!! :2thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 0326121841.jpg
    0326121841.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 0315121750.jpg
    0315121750.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 93

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
If you are going to do a strip I would do the whole car and not just the hood. The front bumper etc. But I am not sure how well the plasti dip will stay on is all with it being where its at. I mean if you really like it, then you can switch over to paint and keep it like that!
 

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
ya man thats what i was wondering too. cause i know how hot the hood gets in the summer.. i may try it. thanks for the reply :thumbsup: do you think it would look like a racer wanna be tho? lol
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
03TB93 said:
ya man thats what i was wondering too. cause i know how hot the hood gets in the summer.. i may try it. thanks for the reply :thumbsup: do you think it would look like a racer wanna be tho? lol

to be honest I think it could look a bit racer wanna be maybe...but if you do the right mods then you will be fine with it really. If you want sporty look then the strips usually is what some do but its really what you like. Beauty of plasti dip is you dont like it, take it off and it never happened lol or if you want before you do it, photoshop the truck and stops and see how it looks. If you like it go for it. That is what I had to do with parts for mine

But I think the black strips would tie in well with your rims. I say color match the cross bar, and then run the strips on the truck. On the cross bar also, bumper, rear top etc.

or another thing you can do i dont know if its silly or not, get black paper and put in on the truck in strips (maybe have to cut it) and tape it down with clear tape and walk away and see how it looks. That should give you a pretty good idea of how it will look
 

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
ItsOnVoy said:
to be honest I think it could look a bit racer wanna be maybe...but if you do the right mods then you will be fine with it really. If you want sporty look then the strips usually is what some do but its really what you like. Beauty of plasti dip is you dont like it, take it off and it never happened lol or if you want before you do it, photoshop the truck and stops and see how it looks. If you like it go for it. That is what I had to do with parts for mine

But I think the black strips would tie in well with your rims. I say color match the cross bar, and then run the strips on the truck. On the cross bar also, bumper, rear top etc.

or another thing you can do i dont know if its silly or not, get black paper and put in on the truck in strips (maybe have to cut it) and tape it down with clear tape and walk away and see how it looks. That should give you a pretty good idea of how it will look

Deffintely man, good ideas. thanks. Plasti dip was probably the greatest invention ever :wootwoot: lol
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
03TB93 said:
Deffintely man, good ideas. thanks. Plasti dip was probably the greatest invention ever :wootwoot: lol

yeah no problem!! Hopefully it works out good and you like it :thumbsup:
 

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
stormsurge said:
Theres a ss that has plastydip strips. It looks good.

cool thanks man id like to check it out, do you know what his name is?? im assuming hes a member of the nation.
 

stormsurge

Member
Jan 29, 2012
386
03TB93 said:
cool thanks man id like to check it out, do you know what his name is?? im assuming hes a member of the nation.

It s on tbssowners. Just search stripes. Not sure who it was.
 

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
stormsurge said:
It s on tbssowners. Just search stripes. Not sure who it was.

cool will do. thanks :thumbsup:
 

gmtrailblazer

Member
Dec 17, 2011
62
03TB93 said:
Hey guys.. I dont know if any of you have seen code reds video on plasti diping his hood.. anyway!, this got me thinking how my TB would look if i did some sort of strip down the middle, or strips where the groves are in the hood.

These are my most up to date pics of the TB. Please let me know how u guys think it would look, or any design ideas :smile: it is plasti dip so it will peel off but id still like to know what my fellow nation guys and gals think... Thanks!! :2thumbsup:

I would try plastidipping the plastic on the front bumper (the lower part that was dark on the LT/LTZs) ----- I think that would stand out
 

03TB93

Original poster
Member
Mar 25, 2012
341
gmtrailblazer said:
I would try plastidipping the plastic on the front bumper (the lower part that was dark on the LT/LTZs) ----- I think that would stand out

Ya man u mean like the plastic area around around the licence plate? if thats what u mean i deffintely agree.. its faeded pretty bad.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,442
Posts
639,385
Members
18,664
Latest member
SooMenn22

Members Online