p0526

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Check engine light came on today, and I pulled a p0526 which is the speed sensor circuit for the fan clutch. For about a year now, on start up I occasionally get the "jet engine" roar, but that goes away when things reach operating temps, and I cleared the code and it didnt come back. So I think its time to swap over to E-fans. With PCMforless making a plug and play kit, it makes more sense this way, that way I never have to worry about that stinking fan clutch again.

GMDUDE2003

Apr 10, 2012
Me007gold said:
Check engine light came on today, and I pulled a p0526 which is the speed sensor circuit for the fan clutch. For about a year now, on start up I occasionally get the "jet engine" roar, but that goes away when things reach operating temps, and I cleared the code and it didnt come back. So I think its time to swap over to E-fans. With PCMforless making a plug and play kit, it makes more sense this way, that way I never have to worry about that stinking fan clutch again.

They're making them for the Inline6 now... hmmm :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I thought that way too but its cheaper to go w new style thermo fanclutch and have codes removed.

emedlin

Jan 25, 2012
I am getting this code now also. How much and where do I find this new style thermo fanclutch? I was looking at the e-fan from PCM4LESS. But, if this is cheaper and better, I would like to find out more about it.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
emedlin said:
How much and where do I find this new style thermo fanclutch?

Any '08 or '09 Trailblazer fan clutch will work. However, you'll keep setting trouble codes unless you have them deleted from the PCM as HARDTRAILZ suggested. I had mine removed when I got my PCMforless tune so I'm all set.

ACDELCO Part # 1540144
getimage.php

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online