P0507 and P1345 Codes

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
So, the other day I added Engine Restore to my oil and after about 10 mins my SES light came on. I took it to AutoZone to have the Codes read and got a P0507 and P1345. I think the Engine Restore caused the codes. Any solutions to fix it, it is really worrying me.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
So, the other day I added Engine Restore to my oil and after about 10 mins my SES light came on. I took it to AutoZone to have the Codes read and got a P0507 and P1345. I think the Engine Restore caused the codes. Any solutions to fix it, it is really worrying me.

What type of engine restore did you use? Was it the silver can stuff from wal-mart literally named engine restore? If so My husband made this same mistake. That shit will tear up your truck in an instant. Mine has not been the same since my husband put it in. However...

CLEAN your CPAS and do an engine oil flush. You can use regular dino oil or whatever oil you prefer. Drain whats in it now, pitch the oil filter in the trash too. Run some new oil through the truck and new oil filter, let the truck run(idle) for about 30 minutes with a few good rev's. Then drain that oil, and pitch the new oil filter. Add a second batch of oil and a new filter and that's that.

I cleaned my CPAS and did an oil flush and my truck was purring like a kitten, the SES light went off, and no more codes! BUT now we have all sorts of possibly unrelated crap going on with it.

If that doesn't work. You may have bigger fish to fry, which in that case someone else can answer as I got off easy lol

Tried to edit earlier but my computer is being a pain. If you search the articles, I have written a how to on with a ton of pictures and step by step explanation on how to clean the cpas if you need directions. It's extremely easy, easier than changing the oil in my opinion.

And I would do it ASAP, the longer it sits the longer it has time to really cause some issues, hopefully you can be as lucky as I was, but then again...we did the oil flush and cleaned the cpas the same day my husband added the engine crap.

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Voymom said:
What type of engine restore did you use? Was it the silver can stuff from wal-mart literally named engine restore? If so My husband made this same mistake. That shit will tear up your truck in an instant. Mine has not been the same since my husband put it in. However...

CLEAN your CPAS and do an engine oil flush. You can use regular dino oil or whatever oil you prefer. Drain whats in it now, pitch the oil filter in the trash too. Run some new oil through the truck and new oil filter, let the truck run(idle) for about 30 minutes with a few good rev's. Then drain that oil, and pitch the new oil filter. Add a second batch of oil and a new filter and that's that.

I cleaned my CPAS and did an oil flush and my truck was purring like a kitten, the SES light went off, and no more codes! BUT now we have all sorts of possibly unrelated crap going on with it.

If that doesn't work. You may have bigger fish to fry, which in that case someone else can answer as I got off easy lol

That is exactly what I put in it! So what you saying is, change the oil and filter and let it run for 30 mins and change it again? Will this make it run like normal again?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
That is exactly what I put in it! So what you saying is, change the oil and filter and let it run for 30 mins and change it again? Will this make it run like normal again?

That's only part of the step, and it's not 100% promised as it would depend on how long it has had to gunk everything up. You also need to clean the camshaft Position Actuator sensor or CPAS, it's sorta like a little filter. Give me 5 minutes and I can upload a few pictures. You can search the article section as well on the forums and find my how to on cleaning it.

Ad yes, change the oil and oil filter thats in it now, put fresh oil in (I used mobile 1 full synthetic) let the truck idle for 30 minutes and rev it a few times, and rev it good, up to 2.5k-3k rpm's. Then drain that oil while it's hot but BE CAREFUL as that oil is hotter than crap. Then add fresh oil and new oil filter. Plus cleaning the CPAS.

I cleaned the CPAS first then did the oil flush.

Mind you, we corrected our issue in less than 24 hours of adding it to the truck.

Clean CPAS

IMG_20120306_133612.jpg

Dirty CPAS

IMG_20120306_131945.jpg

I'm pointing a CPAS

IMG_20120306_112932-1.jpg

IMG_20120306_112921.jpg

THE DEVIL IN A CAN!!!

IMG_20120305_195241.jpg

My how to article submission on your exact issue

http://gmtnation.com/f93/how-clean-...osition-actuator-solenoid-picture-heavy-2263/

And yes it's solenoid....Sheesh I'm tired :redface:

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Voymom said:
That's only part of the step, and it's not 100% promised as it would depend on how long it has had to gunk everything up. You also need to clean the camshaft Position Actuator sensor or CPAS, it's sorta like a little filter. Give me 5 minutes and I can upload a few pictures. You can search the article section as well on the forums and find my how to on cleaning it.

Ad yes, change the oil and oil filter thats in it now, put fresh oil in (I used mobile 1 full synthetic) let the truck idle for 30 minutes and rev it a few times, and rev it good, up to 2.5k-3k rpm's. Then drain that oil while it's hot but BE CAREFUL as that oil is hotter than crap. Then add fresh oil and new oil filter. Plus cleaning the CPAS.

I cleaned the CPAS first then did the oil flush.

Mind you, we corrected our issue in less than 24 hours of adding it to the truck.

Clean CPAS

IMG_20120306_133612.jpg

Dirty CPAS

IMG_20120306_131945.jpg

I'm pointing a CPAS

IMG_20120306_112932-1.jpg

IMG_20120306_112921.jpg

THE DEVIL IN A CAN!!!

IMG_20120305_195241.jpg

My how to article submission on your exact issue

http://gmtnation.com/f93/how-clean-...osition-actuator-solenoid-picture-heavy-2263/

And yes it's solenoid....Sheesh I'm tired :redface:

Now, do I HAVE to remove the serpentine belt? I really don't want to if I don't have to. And also, can I just flush the engine with some cheap oil and then add good oil the second time?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
Now, do I HAVE to remove the serpentine belt? I really don't want to if I don't have to. And also, can I just flush the engine with some cheap oil and then add good oil the second time?

Unfortunately yes you need to remove the serp belt. And yes you can use cheap oil and cheap fram oil filter to do the flush and then add the good stuff(I like mobile 1 full synthetic, can't remember what oil filter we used lol but it wasn't cheap) for the final change. I just used the Mobile 1 for the flush because I like watching the hubby over spend in order to fix HIS mistakes when it comes to my baby :biggrin:

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Voymom said:
Unfortunately yes you need to remove the serp belt. And yes you can use cheap oil and cheap fram oil filter to do the flush and then add the good stuff(I like mobile 1 full synthetic, can't remember what oil filter we used lol but it wasn't cheap) for the final change. I just used the Mobile 1 for the flush because I like watching the hubby over spend in order to fix HIS mistakes when it comes to my baby :biggrin:

You are my new best friend, I will work on that first thing tomorrow morning and let you know how I make out. If I am feeling like it, I will replace my belt while I am at it and clean my Throttle body! Thanks alot!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
You are my new best friend, I will work on that first thing tomorrow morning and let you know how I make out. If I am feeling like it, I will replace my belt while I am at it and clean my Throttle body! Thanks alot!

Your very welcome!!!! But I couldn't have done it without everyone on this forum. And it may be a good idea to keep the old serp belt in your trunk as a back up...I have heard that these trucks like to eat serp belts on a regular basis. I have only had my Envoy for 3 months and have already gone through hell and back with it, and it's not because of the hubby lol. I pretty much got a breakdown of exactly how much of a pain in the arse these trucks are, but I love my little POS more than anything lol

And good luck!!! If you have questions you can email me on here, it will go to my phone and I usually can get online asap, or answer you using my phone.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Wanted to check up on this and see how everything is going?

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
For future reference...DO NOT PUT RESTORE IN YOUR ENGINE!!!! :nono:

As VoyMom mentioned above, change the oil. IMO, I don't think the 2nd oil drain is really needed....the 1st oil change should eventually fix the problem by itself, but removing the CPAS and cleaning the screens will fix it right away.

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Hey guys, the Trailblazer still isn't fixed. I am taking it to my cousin on Monday, A GM-Factory Trained ASE Certified Technician, and see if he can fix it. I will keep everybody updated! Thanks for all help and concerns.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
Hey guys, the Trailblazer still isn't fixed. I am taking it to my cousin on Monday, A GM-Factory Trained ASE Certified Technician, and see if he can fix it. I will keep everybody updated! Thanks for all help and concerns.

Did you try the oil flush and the CPAS clean?

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Voymom said:
Did you try the oil flush and the CPAS clean?

I am letting my cousin do that on Monday, I feel more comfortable with him doing it than me. He is a GM Factory Trained ASE Certified Tech.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
I am letting my cousin do that on Monday, I feel more comfortable with him doing it than me. He is a GM Factory Trained ASE Certified Tech.

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully it takes care of the problem.

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
I replaced the Surpentine Belt yesterday and clean the throttle body. It is running better. I am cleaning the CPAS and changing the spark plugs tomorrow and will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
I replaced the Surpentine Belt yesterday and clean the throttle body. It is running better. I am cleaning the CPAS and changing the spark plugs tomorrow and will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Have you changed the oil yet? That is crucial to do when trying to get the engine restore out of the engine to keep from having more issues under the hood.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DeltonRushing said:
That's what I am doing tomorrow.

Sounds good! Glad it's running a little better after what you've already done so far. Hope it gets a million times better once everything else is done. One thing I have learned with these trucks, is that a $10 dollar mistake can cost 5x more to fix.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
DeltonRushing said:

If there is oil in the CPAS connector and it doesn't check out electrically or is missing screens then you need a new one.

DeltonRushing

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
The Trailblazer is FIXED!!! New CPAS (AC Delco), Spark Plugs (AC Delco), Drive belt (Dayco), Oil (Full Synthetic Mobil 1), Oil Filter (AC Delco), Air Filter (FRAM), A/C Refrigerant (Quest), Battery (Duralast Gold) and Wiper Blades (Bosch)!!! She runs like brand new! Thanks to everyone for your help and support, especially Voymom!
:wootwoot::thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online