p0411

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Any issue with just having PCMforless make this code disappear when I have the make the fan clutch codes disappear?

I dont really see what it does for me since I have had it for about a year and just turn it off all the time with the scangauge. It prolly appears 3 times a week. I just dont know that spending money to fix it is worthwhile. If it affected drivablity or mpg, maybe I would bother with it.

Any comments on this?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Anything to do with the SAIS can be ignored if you don't have an emissions test. All the system does is hasten the controls into entering closed loop mode faster on a cold start, to let the engine pass an EPA mandated level for the first few seconds, where a lot of emissions USED to happen. Before the O2 sensor heats up and starts giving good data due to the excess oxygen injected into the exhaust manifold by the SAIS, the controls are just in the less precise open loop (table driven) regime. Failure of the system won't affect driveability, mileage, or anything unless the pump is stuck on (bad for the pump and battery) or the valve is stuck open (almost never happens - they always stick closed) and it leaks exhaust into the hose from the pump.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
My thinking was correct on how it all operates. Good to know.

I hear the pump turn on and off and seem to have no issues, but the light. Indiana doesnt seem to care about emissions at all.

Thanks for the great response!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online