P0014 with extremely rough running and misfiring still after CPS and CAPS replacement

redciv1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Ok I am going:bonk: over this P0014 and the rough running 03 TB. After I was able to get the code from Autozone, I purchased an OEM Camshafter Position Sensor and Delphi Camshaft Actuator Position Solenoid replaced them both at the same time, disconnected the battery for about an hour and still the truck is misfiring and vibrating still badly. Any other ideas what the problem could be? I am going to return to Autozone to see if there are new codes are still the same. Please Help!!!!!

signalnc

Dec 28, 2012
usually if it misfires it will produce a p0300 code for random misfire, then after the computer figures out which cylinder it is it will be a p0301, p0302, etc.. you need to go back and get it scanned again.

redciv1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Sig you are exactly correct. I just returned from Autozone and it popped up a P0302. And now that I think about it originally there was another code, however the guy only printed out the P0014 code and I ran with that one. So I figure its time for new plugs all around and replace the coil. How do you test the coil and are all the coils the same meaning no specific one for a specific cylinder?

signalnc

Dec 28, 2012
p0302 is cylinder #2. so when you are standing in front of the vehicle, it would be the second closest one to you, if that makes sense. and yes the coil packs are are the same. you could switch the coil pack with another one and see if the code follows. Say switch #2 and #3, clear the codes and see if you get a p0303.... I Personally would just get a new one and put it in. They are about $60 a piece. I had #2 go bad at christmas, and then 2 weeks later #4 went bad. I have an '03 with 129k.

redciv1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the info. Whats really amazing is that we have owned the truck for almost 3 years in August. Bought from an auction with 186K and a bad tranny. Put in a new tranny and all I have replaced is the waterpump, clutch fan and cleaned the TB. Truck has been really reliable and now has about 234K. Who sells the famous AC Delco Iridium 41-03 plugs locally of the big auto stores and should I trust buying coil from auto store or dealer?

Ed H

Oct 18, 2012
Autozone carries the plugs. Not sure about the coil since I haven't had to replace one yet.

redciv1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
signalnc said:
I got the coil packs from o'reillys.

I checked O'reilly's and the other Autoparts stores locally and found that Amazon was cheaper. Actually I have been buying most of my parts off of Amazon for the previous Saab 9-3 and the Trailblazer. Plugs are cheaper also especially if you sign onto the Prime program.

signalnc

Dec 28, 2012
captain is right. Usually when there's a misfire the SES will flash when you're driving. that is a definate do not drive anytime it's flashing.

redciv1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Wanted to thank everyone one for the help. My Coil came in yesterday and I went ahead and changed the plugs, where 5 plugs, that is all that Autozone had left. car is running great now. Going to change the oil and the final spark plug this weekend.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online