Online gamers post here.

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,685
Tampa Bay Area, FL
markmc said:
Wife was able to get a new 160gb PS3 console at wally world last night.
You guys will see my kid back online soon..

Should i just get another 2.5" hard drive for his old ps3?
The drive looks like it got way to hot..all the solder connections on the board are brown..:undecided:

If you wanted to save the old one, that would be the way to go. You can get a laptop hard drive for pretty cheap these days, especially if you don't need a ton of storage space.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
markmc said:
Wife was able to get a new 160gb PS3 console at wally world last night.
You guys will see my kid back online soon..

Should i just get another 2.5" hard drive for his old ps3?
The drive looks like it got way to hot..all the solder connections on the board are brown..:undecided:

I personally would not since you were able to get another ps3. I mean if you have the extra money and time to put it in I guess go for it and try it out!!
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,685
Tampa Bay Area, FL
He's gonna fix the old model, so he can get his game on too! :yes::wootwoot:
 

markmc

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
161
I was hoping to save it, cus it does have backward compatibility..and blue ray..
my luck, the optic is bad also..:undecided:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
markmc said:
I was hoping to save it, cus it does have backward compatibility..and blue ray..
my luck, the optic is bad also..:undecided:

I have the say the one thing that is good is that backward compatibility!! All the new ones do not have that at all! :frown:
 

markmc

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
161
Blckshdw said:
He's gonna fix the old model, so he can get his game on too! :yes::wootwoot:

ha, im still hooked on Pong..lol

Missed the 42" flat screen for $199 :frown:
People were parking everywhere, in the trees and ditches at wmart..
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,685
Tampa Bay Area, FL
markmc said:
ha, im still hooked on Pong..lol

Missed the 42" flat screen for $199 :frown:
People were parking everywhere, in the trees and ditches at wmart..

:undecided: Sounds like it woulda been handy to still have the lifted truck, then you could park wherever you wanted too
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Sounds like it woulda been handy to still have the lifted truck, then you could park wherever you wanted too

:rotfl:
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Time for the SS to arise
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
Well we got in on the deal for the Xbox with kinects 4GB for $199 and a $50 instant gift card.
 

Bub

Member
Nov 21, 2011
159
I think you can get the optical drive online for like $50-$60 IDK my buddy was looking into doing it...


has anyone been reading on the next gen xbox the "720" I started reading on it, looks like its all speculation at this point. Not too many real facts, I am hopeing for blu-ray this time around
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Bub said:
I think you can get the optical drive online for like $50-$60 IDK my buddy was looking into doing it...


has anyone been reading on the next gen xbox the "720" I started reading on it, looks like its all speculation at this point. Not too many real facts, I am hopeing for blu-ray this time around

All I have heard is that they are coming out with one is all. I was saying the same that it should have a blue ray at least!! What I cannot see is the next play station because the ps3 is really good IMO. How much better can it get you know. But I was told that wont happen till 2014 I believe so they got time for some crazy stuff to do to it.
 

Bub

Member
Nov 21, 2011
159
ItsOnVoy said:
All I have heard is that they are coming out with one is all. I was saying the same that it should have a blue ray at least!! What I cannot see is the next play station because the ps3 is really good IMO. How much better can it get you know. But I was told that wont happen till 2014 I believe so they got time for some crazy stuff to do to it.

I've been reading the speculation of a possible "google/apple tv" type system using their bing search engine, which would be fantastic, I also read something about a xbox dashboard update rolling out on 12/6, I hope that doesn't screw up my new Fast Five theme :biggrin:
 

markmc

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
161
Bub said:
I think you can get the optical drive online for like $50-$60 IDK my buddy was looking into doing that

Hard drive checks out ok.. but still have "no usable signal" blue screen.. does this mean the optic is toast??
HDMI cable works fine with the new console.
 

BlazingTrails

Member
Apr 27, 2014
19,409
We have 3 Xbox 360's all networked to my Gaming computer/server to stream a collection of over 800 movies. Sometimes my girlfriend and I get in a mood to play cod but not a lot of time for it.

What is my computer you ask?

Thermal take large mid case
MSI military II motherboard
8 core 5.2 GHz and processor
32 gigs of ddr3 1.6 GHz crucial ram
1280 watt thernaltake PSU
3 nvidia 9800gtx black edition vid cards in tri-sli
Ssd primary drive
8 tb media storage
2 22" HD monitors 1920x1080
Logitech wave keyboard and mouse.

:2thumbsup:
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
We have 2 360s networked via hardline to keep the bandwidth going for everything within the house.
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
All this talk about gaming makes me want to get back into it. I dont think my 360 has been turned on for 12-14 months. Last game I bought was Dead Island 2.

The new COD looks good though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnyteryder196
Dec 13, 2013
1,490
Osceola,Ia
dmanns67 said:
All this talk about gaming makes me want to get back into it. I dont think my 360 has been turned on for 12-14 months. Last game I bought was Dead Island 2.

The new COD looks good though.
Do it! Lol gaming is deff a good time killer, esp since winter is on its way in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,330
Posts
637,988
Members
18,533
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.