Old/Bad PCM.... Does anyone fix these?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
My old PCM caused trouble for years. I finally figured it was the problem and replaced it.

Envoy has been running great ever since. I still have the old PCM sitting around. I'm curious if anyone fixes these things?

If not, I might try unpotting everything and see if it's anything obvious like a fried capacitor, etc.

If it's not repairable, I'm tempted to use it for target practice as it left me stranded on the side of numerous times and cost me hundreds of dollars in wasted diagnostic fees. Neither the GMC or Chevy dealership techs could figure it out.

It wasn't until I just said "F-it" and bought a good used one, had it VIN matched, installed, and pass code reset that it finally was fixed.

Reactions: azswiss

spfautsch

Feb 6, 2024
Montgomery City, MO
I've been similarly struggling with a T42 TCM. It hasn't left me "stranded" per se but has cost me several hundred dollars in parts cannon reloads as well as my personal time attempting to troubleshoot.

My $0.02 would be placing a few well located rounds of .308 Winchester through it. If it's internals are in any way similar to those of the T42 module, there's no feasible repair possible. Unlike most of it's predecessors, it was designed to be disposable.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online