Odd starting problem

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Tuesday thru Friday, its starts normal. Saturday and Sunday, the Voy sits, trying to preserve the miles left in the warrenty. Monday, for the last 3 weeks, I need a jump start to get to work.

I have the battery and alternator checked by 3 diferent shops. The dealer saw that the alternator was pulsing its charge. So they replaced the alternator under warrenty. The battery always checks out fine. I dont know how old it is, Its the battery that came with the truck when I bought it 1 year ago.

The only things that I know that are left "plugged in" are my 2 cell phone chargers.

Any suggestions for me?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I did the math on the OS. Cell chargers won't kill a decent battery for over a week. You probably have a weak battery or another parasitic drain like the Onstar module not going to sleep. Do you have a meter and some patience to track it down? Or can you just yank the connector to Onstar as an experiment, and check the voltage every 6-12 hours and keep a chart?

It all depends on your owning a meter.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well since we are speaking of batteries then I will ask this question if you guys do not mind! Same idea just a different story. I got a remote starter put in about a couple of weeks ago and quite a few times (a lot actually) the car will be on (all lights and everything) but the engine is off. Will that kill my battery? The place told me no but I am going to get it taken in to get it checked out! I think it does because how else is everything being in ON mood if the engine is off. maybe I am wrong! I do not know

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online