Noob from VA

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Hi all! I'm a noob from Williamsburg, VA. Technically, I'm from TN, just got stranded here a few years ago and haven't made it home yet. I own a black 02 TB LT that I've accesorized in pink. No, its not my fav color but started cause my hubby told me if I put any pink on it he wouldnt drive it. I put a pink bow tie on the grill, but he kept driving it. I kept adding little things, and he kept driving it. Another bonus is that I'm no longer asked if its my 'mans' truck since its obviously a girls. Lol look forward to learning some more diy tips and ideas to finish my truck like I want it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 17

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray!

Reactions: BowtieLady

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the nation! Your rig looks good with those subtle touches of Pink. Hopefully we can help you unleash your "mod bug".

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Welcome aboard. You're at the right spot to keep your truck looking and running like a champ! :tiphat:

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
CaptainKD said:
attachicon.gif
hello_medium-file3.jpg

Welcome aboard :tiphat:

Recommended Mod #1 - pink LED lights in the speedometer cluster.....

LED Mod Thread
next on the list is removing that horrid horrid grey molding on the door. But i did see some pink led cluster lights today I want. gotta convince hubby to take dash apart first. So far, he's held his ground and refused, but I'm thinking when I find a 2Din Deck to put in, I might can convince him to kill both birds. lol I've got new door speakers on the way, so i'm going to convince him to let me paint the grey door panels black. you know, while he already has them out and everything lol

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Welcome.. Glad u made it over..
Thanks for the invite! i had noticed there wasn't much activity over there, but I was still searching the archives lol I would like to eventually have seats re-upholstered in leather. Found a local guy who's pretty reasonable, but he won't touch them cause of the air bags :sadcry:

Welcome to GMTNation! Wow, you've went all out on the pink! :raspberry:
Except for the embroidery on the seat covers that are being done right now, I'm pretty much done with the pink. Well, cept for the ground wire for the stereo I'm putting in and rims if I can ever find any i really really like that don't cost 4 grand.

Welcome to the fray!
thanks for having me!

Welcome to the nation! Your rig looks good with those subtle touches of Pink. Hopefully we can help you unleash your "mod bug".
Thanks! Oh, the mod bug has been released, just having to restrain it right now due to budget/time constraints lol

Welcome aboard. You're at the right spot to keep your truck looking and running like a champ! :tiphat:
Thanks. I'm excited about new ideas for her. She's not looking too bad but is still a work in progress. She does run like a champ though, Ive had her nearly 2 years and so far only had to replace the battery last week. Cept for the time I ran outta gas and ummm used a water jug and fouled out plugs, wires and a coil. :blush: Oopsie, $100 later, lesson learned.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BowtieLady said:
Thanks! Oh, the mod bug has been released, just having to restrain it right now due to budget/time constraints lol
Lol yeah we all struggle with the holding back of mods because of money/time
If you husband paints those door panels, make sure he uses adhesion promoter and paint for vinyl. I didn't and after a while the paint from my door panels started to fade off from where you grab to close the door. I eventually just bought black door panels off an SS so I'd never have to worry about scratched paint or fading.

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Good looking truck love the pink accents and also welcome
thank you and thank you!

Lol yeah we all struggle with the holding back of mods because of money/time
If you husband paints those door panels, make sure he uses adhesion promoter and paint for vinyl. I didn't and after a while the paint from my door panels started to fade off from where you grab to close the door. I eventually just bought black door panels off an SS so I'd never have to worry about scratched paint or fading.
oh, I'll do most of the painting, he'll just do all the physical work of taking the panels off lol.
we got a can of primer we used on the center bar and i got this for the bumper,
http://www.walmart.com/ip/36758512?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227025778228&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42974484752&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81466507712&veh=sem
but I guess I'll have to find a diff paint for the interior.....I'll research it here before I do anything lol I'd like to do that too, but i swear I don't think yankees believe in junk yards. The few junk yards that are around don't have any TBs in them anyway. Which is a good thing I guess - lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
AutoZone has the paint/primer you'll need for using on interior panels

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Capote said:
AutoZone has the paint/primer you'll need for using on interior panels
awesome! hopefully Advanced does also....have a friend who's store manager so......................

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BowtieLady said:
awesome! hopefully Advanced does also....have a friend who's store manager so......................
Yeah they'd carry it too

You should create a build thread for your rig. A lot of us that are really into modding do. We get a lot of good ideas from eachother

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
when I'm more familiar with the site, I will lol

Capote said:
Yeah they'd carry it too

You should create a build thread for your rig. A lot of us that are really into modding do. We get a lot of good ideas from eachother

Reactions: Capote

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome.to GMTNation, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here! Have fun...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome aboard!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.