No LH signal or LH Brake Light Power at Trailer Connector

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
I have a 2001 k3500 with the factory towing setup (they probably all have it). I have no vehicle power to the trailer wiring connector for the LH turn signal or brake light. I've pulled the plug off the back of the connector and that plug has no power for those items either. Any suggestions about where to begin troubleshooting? Or am I just stuck tracing the wires back with diagram? Hate to let the stealership have my money.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Too obvious but gotta ask. Check for power at the fuses?

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
I'm gonna feel real stupid if it might be just a fuse. Would there be a separate fuse for both the left and the right circuits? The RH turn signal & brake light works fine, but not the left. If there is a separate fuse for the LH side, then I do feel like an idiot. I have not checked the underhood fuse box, but will do that first thing tomorrow.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I do believe there is.

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Yep, I'm the idiot all right. Two fuses in the underhood box, LH fuse burned out. GM needs to put an idiot light in the dash just for me that says "Check Fuses!"

Reactions: Mooseman

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Don't beat yourself up to bad about it...I'm sure we have all done something similar (and I am speaking specificaly about myself here!) Just glad it was something simple.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.