no 4hi?

baiatul

Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
hello, I just buy a trailblazer 2003 and I noticed that the 4HI dont work (when I put the switch on 4HI, no light on the switch, no sound from the front axle/encoder motor... nothing, he stay in the position he was before. It looks like the 4HI dosent exist on the switch.

* the 4AWD and the 4Low engage (I hear the sound of the engaging and I feel when I drive that the front pulls)
thank you.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Welcome! :tiphat:

Just to clarify, there is no sound from the encoder motor and the front actuator at the right front axle?

Could just be a bad switch. Some have tried it with another working switch tb tfor troubleshooting.

Others will chime in shortly. I would change the front and rear diff fluids and the transfer case unless you have specific information when those were serviced as they can and will lead to problems down the road if neglected.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
If the 4AWD position light blinks then goes solid, then the front actuator and TC motor are responding to the TCCM command. So if the 4HI indicator light does not come on at all, I would say that the switch is bad. Try rotating the switch thru all of its positions quickly with the ignition off. This may clean the contacts.

baiatul

Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
for the fluids, I have no history..I'm gonna change soon all the fluids
Yes, when I put on 4hi, there is no sound from the encoder motor and the front actuator at the right front axle

And, yes, when I put on 4AWD, light blinks then goes solid (same for 4Low).
To resume, when I put on 4HI the light does come on at all, nothing happens
I'm gonna try to rotate the switch to all positions with the engine off.
I let you know, thanks!

*sorry for my english

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Appreciate the report! Glad you're running in time for winter coming next week. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online