Newer LT bumper covers? Front and back?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
eBay or a junkyard, I was going to do the front one when my brother rear-ended a Malibu in December, but insurance fixed it before I could tell them.

Diezelbonez

Mar 10, 2013
I just bought the back bumper off ebay for 240 with free shipping. Cheapest i could find. Shipping is what kills the price. I cant wait to get this baby on. Couple weeks my truck will be a brand new baby front to back.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
How new? the 06 and up front and backs which copy the SS?

I plan on selling our front bumper here real soon, and probably the back after the new rear bumper is built.
ere real soon, and probably the back after the new rear bumper is built.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I meant the cleaner, newer versions. I want to try a customization idea with them so cheap is the key.

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
I may be wrong here but I think you will need the grille and head lamps for it to match up to the 06-09 front cover!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jonbo2002 said:
I may be wrong here but I think you will need the grille and head lamps for it to match up to the 06-09 front cover!

06 LS was same as older ones, but the 06 LT and newer do have different headlights and grill. Gonna be a pretty expensive swap.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
may not be the cheapest, but its one source Trailblazer

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
jonbo2002 said:

HARDTRAILZ said:
06 LS was same as older ones, but the 06 LT and newer do have different headlights and grill. Gonna be a pretty expensive swap.

Easier to just get an SS grille and leave the headlights alone. Plus, I cant stand the 06+ LT style headlights personally, I think they look weird with that huge blank area in the middle.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
ScarabEpic22 said:
Easier to just get an SS grille and leave the headlights alone. Plus, I cant stand the 06+ LT style headlights personally, I think they look weird with that huge blank area in the middle.

Me either, I always thought that was chintzy and lazy on GM's part. It's like, "Lets change the grille!" And then the headlamps where and after thought.

GM Guy #1 - "So what do we do about the light?"
GM Guy #2 - "I dunno, how about we just fill it with more plastic"
GM Guy #1 "Alright, that will save us a lot of money! And more money means more time in our private jets!"

Diezelbonez

Mar 10, 2013
mikekey said:
Junk yard is best bet! I need a fender after my wifes accident yesterday. :sadcry:

Hey i have two fenders off a TB that I pulled off. If you need them or one pm me maybe we can figure something out. there blue btw.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
I stopped a lady in the parking lot while I was walking into work the other night and asked her what year model her tb was :raspberry: am I correct in assuming the 08 lt bumper will fit the 05 ls? I'm sure that question is answered somewhere, but I haven't came across an answer I was satisfied with.
Or would I be better off just removing those hideous plastic trim pieces on the bumper?
I liked the smooth look of hers, maybe I can do it for the cheap by removing the plastic?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
mikekey said:
Me either, I always thought that was chintzy and lazy on GM's part. It's like, "Lets change the grille!" And then the headlamps where and after thought.

GM Guy #1 - "So what do we do about the light?"
GM Guy #2 - "I dunno, how about we just fill it with more plastic"
GM Guy #1 "Alright, that will save us a lot of money! And more money means more time in our private jets!"

It might save them money, but does not save the consumer money at all. You can get your style head light for about $120.00 for the pair. The cheapest I could find my 07 LT style headlights was around $300.00 for the pair. Now these are after market prices, I am sure GM would be double that. "I dunno, how about we just fill it with more plastic" Yeah $180.00 more in plastic! :hissyfit:

Djordan2

Feb 5, 2012
I have been wondering about this for a while, Been interested in doing it. Is the Bumper just a swap? is there anything else needed for the install other than painting? Might only do the front bumper for now, the junk yard has quite a few TBs here. Including a SS I was Like :wootwoot:

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I got an OEM front bumper (scuffed up pretty bad) for $100 on craigslist. This way I can refinish it and just pop it on the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online