New Trailblazer Manufacturing Underway

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Chevy Trailblazer production underway in Thailand
Chevy Trailblazer production underway in Thailand

Jonathon Ramsey RSS feed
Posted Jun 11th 2012 11:29AM

The handsome-and-not-for-us 2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer has begun driving off the lines in Thailand at the General Motors plant in Rayong. Debuted at the Dubai Auto Show last year, the Trailblazer could be seen to squeeze between the Traverse and Tahoe if it were sold here, combining a brawnier version of the unibody Traverse's looks with the body-on-frame off-road capability of the forthcoming Colorado pickup replacement.

Underhood are one of two turbodiesels, either a 2.5-liter with 150 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, or a 2.8-liter with 180 hp and 346 lb-ft, working through either a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic. The seven-seat Trailblazer is earmarked for sale in 50 global markets, but it isn't expected in North American showrooms. Scroll down for a press release on the Job One Trailblazer.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
What is GM thinking anymore....

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
GM marketing staff are idiots who don't think the US market will embrace a competent diesel. :hissyfit: I could so lift one of those puppies.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I would take it, would look great next to ZL1 in the driveway a man can dream :smile:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Just gimme that 2.8L I4 Duramax, make a sweet tow rig that gets 25+ on the highway. Drop it in a GMT360, GMT355, or an old S10. Heck, even drop it in a reg cab Silvy!

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
the roadie said:
GM marketing staff are idiots who don't think the US market will embrace a competent diesel. :hissyfit: I could so lift one of those puppies.

In GM's defense, most automakers think Americans won't embrace diesels.

Aside from the Germans and heavy duty pickups, what else can you get a diesel in these days?

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
All of my friends I talk to about engines agree they need more diesels in the half ton and smaller vehicles. Might help that I'm in Texas though

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know why we're not getting them... the steering wheel is on the wrong side :rotfl:

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Mooseman said:
I know why we're not getting them... the steering wheel is on the wrong side :rotfl:

What about the Pontiac G8 and late model GTO (sorry excuse of a GTO) can't be to hard for GM to move the steering wheel.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Attachments

• SarcasmService.jpg
    SarcasmService.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 282

essaycho348

Mar 7, 2012
imo that thing looks hideous in the front, looks like a lifted malibu. Im glad they aren't bringing it here. Thing i like about the TV is that its a sporty truck. Not a Trucky car...

But i do agree that american carmakers need to bring more small diesels into the market. Jeep liberty had a diesel come onto the market for a few years but then discontinued because of rising emissions standards...

Dec 16, 2011
strat81 said:
In GM's defense, most automakers think Americans won't embrace diesels.

Aside from the Germans and heavy duty pickups, what else can you get a diesel in these days?

And if you had the slightest idea how unreliable the heavy duty pickups are, you'd know the automakers are absolutely right.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
AV8ER said:
What about the Pontiac G8 and late model GTO (sorry excuse of a GTO) can't be to hard for GM to move the steering wheel.

It's even easier when they produce it in the country it was designed in.
:biggrin:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Everybody remembers the Chevette but did you know they had a diesel version? An extremely rare option. And I would guess unpopular even though gas prices were going through the roof during the oil crisis. Just the north American mentality. We do have some here (like the Smart car) but few and far between.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Think people would embrace diesels a lot more if the govt. would tell the oil companies to equalize diesel and gas prices . Around here there is a 40 cent per gallon difference.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
vipergg said:
Think people would embrace diesels a lot more if the govt. would tell the oil companies to equalize diesel and gas prices . Around here there is a 40 cent per gallon difference.

The citizens should tell the government to stop influencing the energy market via taxes and subsidies.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
They call that handsome???? It looks like a rav4, some might like it but it stinks to me. That's just on looks but the engine types might be the bright spot but I'll leave this to the Rav4 fans

xj2202009

Mar 27, 2012
[video=youtube;JnKZIep_T7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=JnKZIep_T7Y&feature=endscreen"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=JnKZIep_T7Y&feature=endscreen[/video]

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
essaycho348 said:
imo that thing looks hideous in the front, looks like a lifted malibu....

Maybe a GMC version without the smiley face grille will be forthcoming:wootwoot:
PS that one will also be NA......

Dec 16, 2011
xj2202009 said:
[video=youtube;JnKZIep_T7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=JnKZIep_T7Y&feature=endscreen"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=JnKZIep_T7Y&feature=endscreen[/video]

It looks much better in this video than in the still pics we've seen thus far, especially in green. :thumbsup:

Which, sadly, doesn't change the fact that it still looks like a less-bloated version of the Traverse sheetmetal which that vehicle gratefully sheds this year. Whoops!

Dec 16, 2011
UMEXT said:
It looks much better in this video than in the still pics we've seen thus far, especially in green. :thumbsup:

Which, sadly, doesn't change the fact that it still looks like a less-bloated version of the Traverse sheetmetal which that vehicle gratefully sheds this year. Whoops!

Oh, and by the way, turbos as a solution to compensate for the underpowering caused by smaller displacement are a really, really bad idea. Ford is already in the process of redesigning the EcoBoost. And Saad, the last time I checked, is still out of business.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
strat81 said:
They're thinking they'd rather have Toyota (4-Runner) and Nissan (Pathfinder) have the body-on-frame mid-size SUV market.

:no:

Pathfinder no longer a BOF, unibody when the new version hits

Market is thinning out

xj2202009

Mar 27, 2012
UMEXT said:
Oh, and by the way, turbos as a solution to compensate for the underpowering caused by smaller displacement are a really, really bad idea. Ford is already in the process of redesigning the EcoBoost. And Saad, the last time I checked, is still out of business.

I think this is to out to make a decent truck with decent towing capacity:
he show vehicle features an all-wheel-drive system and is powered by GM's new 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which features a variable-geometry turbocharger for an optimal combination of performance and fuel economy. Specially if we can turn off and on the AWD.

Dec 16, 2011
xj2202009 said:
I think this is to out to make a decent truck with decent towing capacity:
he show vehicle features an all-wheel-drive system and is powered by GM's new 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which features a variable-geometry turbocharger for an optimal combination of performance and fuel economy. Specially if we can turn off and on the AWD.

Which will just make them more expensive to replace when they shred themselves 5K miles after the warranty ends. And as a special added bonus, who wants to bet the turbos are covered under the BTB, not the powertrain warranty?

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
UMEXT said:
Which will just make them more expensive to replace when they shred themselves 5K miles after the warranty ends. And as a special added bonus, who wants to bet the turbos are covered under the BTB, not the powertrain warranty?

Other than being BOF to me it looks exactly like a Equinox. It's time for chevy to change the front ends so they don't all look exactly the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online