New to GMTNation

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I really have no idea what to say, I'm not that great at introductions. I'm new to GMTNation, but have been using the sister site for a few weeks now, although I lurked around for months as part of my research before buying. I have just purchased an 03 Envoy XL SLT 4.2L I6 4x4 (Gear Ratio- 3.73) "Demon" close to 3 weeks ago, and so far despite some minor stealership rip off's it's been a great vehicle. The 'Voy is the second ever GM/GMC/Chevy/ American made that I have ever owned, before this one I owned a Buick Rendezvous(Biggest POS lemon ever), and before the Buick I had owned foreign vehicles such as, 04 Toyota Camry, 08 Mazda 3 S Sport Grand Touring, 85 Subaru Station wagon.

Anyways, I am hoping the Envoy will change my mind about foreign vehicles, because I really loved my previous cars. I haven't done a whole lot of mods yet, I debadged and demolded though I am still working on removing the glue, then I have removed the roof rack, but I am seriousy thinking of putting them back on to help square the truck out a bit.

I chose the Envoy instead of the TB because of your sister site's off road section. I know that TB's are considered "better" or "tougher" but it really makes a statement when you have a luxury truck jacked up on a 3" lift taking on everything it was never thought it would do. I do not plan on off roading or lifting/dropping, as it is my daily driver and taxi for my 4 children, but I told the hubby that I would love to go tear up some corn fields one day :smile:

Anyways, that's a bit about me! Oh and BTW: I am constantly bored out of my mind, so YOU WILL see me around a lot!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Voymom said:
......I have removed the roof rack, but I am seriousy thinking of putting them back on to help square the truck out a bit.

Welcome to the site:cool:

When I put the stock wheels back on, I didn't like the look of my TB without the rack. So, I put the rack back on.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to GMTNation. :tiphat:

Voymom said:
I know that TB's are considered "better" or "tougher" but it really makes a statement when you have a luxury truck jacked up on a 3" lift taking on everything it was never thought it would do.
You need to see the "roadie mobile" and Regulator's ride. :yes:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Welcome to GMTNation. :tiphat:

You need to see the "roadie mobile" and Regulator's ride. :yes:

Thanks everyone for the welcome!! Bo Tie I have seen the "Roadie Mobile" from the sister site :smile: I did a whole lot of soul searching on that site before buying my truck. I haven't seen Regulator's truck though, I don't think he was a member where I came from. I was told to come here by several people, said I'd get more detailed help and from more knowledgeable members as I seem to have some small issues with my voy. Seems like the truck lost his balls some where along the drive home from the stealership, and I can't figure out where they went :undecided:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
DJones said:
Welcome! Always great to have HAMs here too. :thumbsup:

Thanks DJ, are you a HAM Operator? I do a lot of races and ares stuff, mainly spotting and Emergency Management stuff. I have been having a heck of a time trying to find a place for my mobile unit that's for sure.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
I haven't seen Regulator's truck though, I don't think he was a member where I came from.
Oh, he was a member. But like many of us, he was "asked" to leave. :crazy:

regulator1175

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Welcome aboard... :tiphat:

If you do some digging, you'll see EXACTLY why this place is THE place to be for info on not only our platform but ALL the GM trucks...

Oh yeah, the "sister site" you refer to is better known as the "OS" around here... hehehe :biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Oh, he was a member. But like many of us, he was "asked" to leave. :crazy:

regulator1175

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: "asked" may not really be the way I would put it. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Welcome to the Nation! I agree, it is a lot of fun having a luxury vehicle lifted and able to off road in comfort! The look on the Jeepers faces when I pull up in the morning is always great, and to be able to go through the day and keep up with them makes it all that much better!

Here is a shameless bit of picture whoring, but you did say you were not familiar with my truck. :thumbsup:

2011-10-29150119.jpg

DSC_2365.jpg

DSC_2586.jpg

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Regulator said:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: "asked" may not really be the way I would put it. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Welcome to the Nation! I agree, it is a lot of fun having a luxury vehicle lifted and able to off road in comfort! The look on the Jeepers faces when I pull up in the morning is always great, and to be able to go through the day and keep up with them makes it all that much better!

Here is a shameless bit of picture whoring, but you did say you were not familiar with my truck. :thumbsup:

2011-10-29150119.jpg

DSC_2365.jpg

DSC_2586.jpg

Regulator your truck is beautiful!! I too am going for the "Blackout" or Murdered look as you will. I like the simplicity and cleanliness look. I'm not entirely sold on a lift or a drop, maybe some hydro's? If I want to raise it I can and if I want to drop it I have that choice as well lol..Ah what do you expect, I'm a woman and very indecisive :tongue:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over!!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to GMTN. Does seem to be more TB's as compared to Envoys.

As for a ham rig, I have an Alinco 635. The main part of the rig is in the hing eassembly for the left rear seat, sits nice there doesn't wobble around and power is available at the fuse box right next to it. I cheated and use the car body for the negative side and it works perfectly. Control head is on a flex post attached to the passenger front seat bolt and remote speaker is tucked away in the center podium on the right side of the tranny tunnel.

I should take some pix one of these days.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mark20 said:
...Does seem to be more TB's as compared to Envoys....
Just a reflection of the market share in sales. Welcome Voymom! Click the build thread link in my signature to see what you need to do to live out of the truck for a week.

The lying SOS sales scum at the GMC dealer told me that Envoys were assembled with more quality control steps so they were "better" than TBs. Of course, they were assembled on the same line by the same people using the same processes and almost all the same parts. I just like the "Gentlemen's Offroading" style with nice leather seats and working AC and XM radio where you can't get broadcast deep in the desert. :wink:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome!

If you have remote heads for your radios there are some very creative ways for the installs. I have 2 2M/70cm ham radios and a GMRS/LMR radio installed full-time.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I look at the control head every time I drive the Envoy and it just fades into the ether.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wondering when you were going to make an appearance over here.... Dont be surprised if you get banned from the OS by one of the nooberators for jumping ship. Its just how they roll...

Welcome to your new home!

Lost its balls eh? Well I dont know much on the I6 engines, but I would have to ask if you have any check engine lights? Is it flashing? Thats the place to start.

Start a new thread and we can see whats going on.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Voymom said:
Thanks DJ, are you a HAM Operator? I do a lot of races and ares stuff, mainly spotting and Emergency Management stuff. I have been having a heck of a time trying to find a place for my mobile unit that's for sure.

Yes I am and and ARES member. I have the Yaesu FTM-350R with the base under the passenger side dash, wiring behind the dash panels, and the head mounted between the two center vents. I made a custom RJ-25 extension cable for the mic. That's something I should post in my build thread.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
marshall@pcm said:

Thanks Marshall!! I have to say, I already like it here better than TV :wink:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Thanks Marshall!! I have to say, I already like it here better than TV :wink:

uh oh. You just went on the OS naughty list.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wyle said:
uh oh. You just went on the OS naughty list.

Is this a bad thing, really? :undecided:

Welcome :tiphat:

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
Welcome over glad to see you made it!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I am sure glad I'm here, and I feel like I fit right in!! :thumbsup:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
jbones said:
Hard not to like someone who likes the Red Wings, from Kalamazoo myself.

The Detroit Red Wings are the SHIZ!!! :wootwoot:

Not sure if you heard of it but I'm originally from Wixom MI also close to walled lake and Milford.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
jbones said:
Wixom, only a few counties away.

Are you going to the big meet in Coldwater, MI?

I don't know :confused: When is it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online