New speakers not sounding great

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Alright I got around to installing my speakers and something isnt right. The rear doors sound pretty good, the front doors sound empty and mostly just hear some instrumental, and the stock dash ones sound by far the best. I'll post a screen shot of my order. I know jack $$$$ about sound systems so please be patient. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-163843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-163843_Chrome.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 15

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Can you confirm if you have the Bose system or not? And if you do, did you bypass the amp and wire straight to the HU or not?

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Can you confirm if you have the Bose system or not? And if you do, did you bypass the amp and wire straight to the HU or not?
All the original speaker mounts had Bose stickers. I just used those adapters and clipped them to the old speaker wires

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Likely the impedance or specs of those speakers aren't matched to the Bose amp. I saw with that order you also had a HU. Did you get a proper interface to connect from the HU to the stock wiring harness to work with the amp?

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
The connectors I bought went straight into the trailblazer wiring harness for the head unit and speakers so I think so. As far as the amp goes no I didn't I just bought speakers that were recommended by a friend.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's the impedance. With the Bose amp, they're 2ohm and you're now running 4ohm speakers. You'll either have to get another amp and run all new wire or run new wire straight from the HU to the speakers and forgo the dash speakers because the crossover for the fronts is built into the Bose amp.

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
It's the impedance. With the Bose amp, they're 2ohm and you're now running 4ohm speakers. You'll either have to get another amp and run all new wire or run new wire straight from the HU to the speakers and forgo the dash speakers because the crossover for the fronts is built into the Bose amp.
For someone that has never ran speaker wire how tedious is it to do? I have experience with wiring and electricity so I'm sure I can figure it out just not sure how time consuming it is

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you have a wire snake, or a fish tape, that will make it a lot easier getting behind the dash, and fishing through the rubber boots in the doors. If you do, then the majority of the time will be spent pulling panels off.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
For someone that has never ran speaker wire how tedious is it to do? I have experience with wiring and electricity so I'm sure I can figure it out just not sure how time consuming it is

What @Blckshdw said.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online