New Member xTitan1

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Hey guys,

I own a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4x4 and recently have decided that I want to learn more about cars in general as well as how to DIY for a lot of the servicing/maintenance. I'd been pretty much just having the dealership service guys tell me what I needed and I had no idea what they were doing.

I found the TV site, then I found MAY03LT's videos on YouTube, and he mentioned this site, so I came and checked it out. I realized this was the new place to be, so here I am.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Welcome to the nation!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:tiphat: Welcome to the Nation! You have definitely made the right choice. The members here is what makes the Nation a great forum!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Welcome over!!
Be sure to wear a lot of bug spray haha the mod bugs bite pretty bad here :rotfl:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Welcome over!!
Be sure to wear a lot of bug spray haha the mod bugs bite pretty bad here :rotfl:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, quiet you...

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome on in to the Nation! Once you start reading here, you will know more then your service center.

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Wow thanks for all of the welcomes. I made sure to update my profile with my info so that should be working now. Just trying to sort through all of the information on here. There's definitely so many ideas swimming around my head. My TB is completely stock ATM.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
xtitan1 said:
Wow thanks for all of the welcomes. I made sure to update my profile with my info so that should be working now. Just trying to sort through all of the information on here. There's definitely so many ideas swimming around my head. My TB is completely stock ATM.

HID's, you won't regret it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xtitan1 said:
I own a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4x4 and recently have decided that I want to learn more about cars in general as well as how to DIY for a lot of the servicing/maintenance. I'd been pretty much just having the dealership service guys tell me what I needed and I had no idea what they were doing.

Welcome aboard!:cool:

That's BOSS that you want to learn stuff about your ride and start DIY'ing. Yeah it kinda sucks that you'll have to put out some cash for some tools and what not but in the long run you'll be ahead. I live in the middle of nowhere and several dealers are triple digits per hour and the independent shops aren't too far behind.

So what is your first DIY job gonna be?

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
MAY03LT said:
Welcome aboard!:cool:

That's BOSS that you want to learn stuff about your ride and start DIY'ing. Yeah it kinda sucks that you'll have to put out some cash for some tools and what not but in the long run you'll be ahead. I live in the middle of nowhere and several dealers are triple digits per hour and the independent shops aren't too far behind.

So what is your first DIY job gonna be?

Well, as boring as it sounds, I think I'm going to attempt to repair my center console. The little nipple thing broke a long time ago, and now the lid goes too far forward so the hook latch doesn't catch. I read somewhere I think that you can take a PCI slot bracket used in computer cases and use that in some way to jam the hinge springs backwards back into place?

Yeah I have some tool buying to do. I'm checking out [video=youtube;oHXjWvmWiyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXjWvmWiyc[/video] right now.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
xtitan1 said:
Well, as boring as it sounds, I think I'm going to attempt to repair my center console. The little nipple thing broke a long time ago, and now the lid goes too far forward so the hook latch doesn't catch. I read somewhere I think that you can take a PCI slot bracket used in computer cases and use that in some way to jam the hinge springs backwards back into place?

Yeah I have some tool buying to do. I'm checking out [video=youtube;oHXjWvmWiyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXjWvmWiyc[/video] right now.

A bolt works

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
DDonnie said:
A bolt works

Yep, prolly a 5/16 X 3/4 - 1" bolt glued on there and if you dont like the look of a bolt just wrap it with electrical tape

Where you from btw? Its nice to know some neighbours so you can go to meets and maybe get some help from others near you

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
b5cbb618.jpg

I went through hell trying to fix mine. Shims, lighter on the arm, the whole eight yards.

Turns out there were these spots which looked like they were plastic welded together when the console was made and they broke. A couple of screws and warshers later and she was good as new.

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Wooluf1952 said:

I have, and glad I did! Thanks for the welcome.

Denali n DOO said:
Welcome to GMTNation :thumbsup:

Thanks!

MAY03LT said:
b5cbb618.jpg

I went through hell trying to fix mine. Shims, lighter on the arm, the whole eight yards.

Turns out there were these spots which looked like they were plastic welded together when the console was made and they broke. A couple of screws and washers later and she was good as new.

So this picture is from the back of the console looking in, with the center plastic removed and the rear AC stuff removed? I assume then, that I need to do that as well to access the location indicated by the arrow on the picture?

Do I need to make pilot holes? I've never worked on non-wood before.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over :tiphat:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
welcome bro! As you can see already, you're in great hands hahaha
the peeps around here are pretty awesome
you may spend some money on tools and/or handy things...but if you're like most of us, you're gonna end up spending quite a bit in mods without realizing it :eek:
but, it's worth it :yes:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
xtitan1 said:
Do I need to make pilot holes? I've never worked on non-wood before.

No sir! Plastic won't split like wood does

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online