New Envoy XUV owner

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
A little while ago my mom bought a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV that we have slowly been fixing up.
I joined to find out more mods for the truck to make it more of our own.
Trav

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

You'll fulfill your desires of mod ideas quickly, just browse around and you'll be overwhelmed with mods. :yes: Be careful though, the mod bug is very invasive!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome, you have come to the right place for mods.

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
Well the modding wouldn't begin till after this winter and once my F150 (ya sorry I am part of the blue oval family). It will be slow as I mostly mod my truck and it takes a while to talk my mom and dad into mods.

The mods we are wanting is:
full led conversion
small lift to fit 265 70 R16s
painted headlights (black) I have to keep my white and black theme going
fix the sun roof
fix the rear hatch
better and a little louder exhaust
super charged (if I could talk mom into it already have dad talked into it)
smoke the tails and mirror turns as the mirror turns drive us nuts
I personally want better wheels but mama likes the boring plastic looking ones
rear seat DVD player
remote start (mom was talked into this 5 minutes after getting the truck) LOL
probably brush guard and tail light gaurds to protect from these backroads we travel.
Denali grill or billet grille.

Then the rest we are going to have to start searching for.
For this winter I am just hoping it is going to do good in the snow and hopefully be readily available when my explorer (which has high miles) goes down.
Trav

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You shouldn't have to do a lift to fit those tires. They should fit right in there nicely.

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
any body have pictures of one.

Right now the car is running 245 60 R17s and the rear looks like it would clear but not to sure on the front.
Trav

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The problem you may have is clearing the steering knuckle. On my 06 I cleared without an issue but the older ones can get pretty close. Are you wanting 16s or 17s?

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
17s as I we are looking at keeping the stock wheels. I love 16s more but 17s are on it now so that's what we plan to keep. At least they aren't 20s or bigger I can't stand that.

Going to change the plugs right now so wish me luck on a fun filled project so I have heard. LOL
Trav

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
RedneckEnvoy said:
17s as I we are looking at keeping the stock wheels. I love 16s more but 17s are on it now so that's what we plan to keep. At least they aren't 20s or bigger I can't stand that.

Going to change the plugs right now so wish me luck on a fun filled project so I have heard. LOL
Trav
Only use AC Delco 41-103's if you have the 4.2.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not entirely sure about the XUV but if it has the larger front brakes like EXT's, you have to stay with 17's to clear the brakes.

BTW, welcome! We have a very active mod culture here. Check out the Mod Addiction thread for some help (or encouragement :biggrin: )

Reactions: Mounce

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
For your louder exhaust, whack off the resonator. It makes your 360 sound a bit mean without being too noisy.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
RedneckEnvoy said:

Trav
You can go to 265 65 17 without a lift.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014

Mark@PCMofNC

Jul 14, 2014
Welcome to the site!

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
I got the plugs done and we drove the truck all day yesterday plus my younger brother drove it and no CEL anymore.
Running autolite copper cores like I always run. Also I have the 5.3L. Very easy job to change the plugs not sure why everybody says it is hard. Also I didn't remove anything to do them.

Fuel mileage went from terrible to how in the world is a V8 getting this kinda mileage.
Power is so much better I had fun driving it the little I got to.
My brother had the first time driving and he says it is pretty nice.

Resonator is already whacked off but we are planning to do a dual flowmaster 50 series exhaust because it still is to quite (my loudest truck is a 84 BII V6 with thrush exhaust. LOL).

The local PD has an unmarked V8 Trailblazer and to me this envoy of ours runs better then that one.
Trav

RedneckEnvoy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
I do to I am not sure why so many people think the XUVs are ugly.
Trav

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod