Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Who will be first to own one? :dielaugh:

LINK

pktnudswers3dlcjlktr.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found this article that has a video and it's found something weird called a crab walk.

Kinda looks like a redesigned Avalanche with a removable roof. Looks cool but the price tag makes it unaffordable for most mortals.

Reactions: Mike534x

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
This is probably one of the few trucks GM has released (aside from the 2021 Tahoe/Yukon/Colorado) that I'm genuinely excited to see in person.

I'm getting Avalanche vibes too @Mooseman, but damn that removable roof is nice!

Gonna say it now, if a gas version was made, that didn't eat a gallon per foot moved I'd actually consider buying one if priced reasonably. I dig the design more then the Branco.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hmm. Interesting. Would I pay $112K for one? Nope. Would I lease or buy one under a corporate entity and amortize the depreciation? I might.

I can say right now that I like the styling better than Tesla's 'Supertruck' (I think that's the name). This looks like a (capable) truck.

Apparently, there's supposed to be a cheaper SUV version in a year or two. No word on 'how much' cheaper, but I'd guess that if High Country Burbs are going for $85K or so, that the Hummer SUV wouldn't be any cheaper than that.

Why they put Super Cruise on this truck, is beyond me (except that it helps justify the price tag?) The idea is that it's supposed to be an off-road monster. Maybe that's for the owners who'll never leave pavement, and plan to use it as a commuter. :duh: In any case, SC / SC II isn't Mode 5 autonomous -- and for $112K, it better be able to drive itself (pun intended).

The 1000 HP was a nice sop... but my jaw dropped at the TQ - 11,500 ft/lb ! :yikes:
(no, I didn't add an extra '0')

I'd need to know more about those numbers, and how they're delivered across the SoC spectrum, as well as expected range, time to recharge, etc. But on its face, that could be a serious tow rig. 4-wheel steering, too (this is supposed to be making a comeback soon, with several mfgs working on it, mostly for trucks.)

I don't know much about those 'Ultium' batteries, except that they're supposed to be pretty darned good, and that Honda entered into a tech agreement with GM a few weeks ago, with the expectation that they'll be releasing EV Hondas with Ultium batteries. I'd be interested in the cost of a new pack, once the originals wear out.

At that price, though, you understand that you're paying for the cachet of being a tech geek / early adopter / (pseudo) enviro warrior -- I wouldn't even try to do the ROI over a gasser, even if I had the numbers in front of me.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Why they put Super Cruise on this truck, is beyond me (except that it helps justify the price tag?) The idea is that it's supposed to be an off-road monster. Maybe that's for the owners who'll never leave pavement, and plan to use it as a commuter. :duh:

Another thought for commuters... That crab walk mode would be bitchin' for parallel parking :laugh:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Supposedly, the QSteer trucks were able to do some 'amazing' things, as far as parking & the like, but I've never been able to find a video (or even a good description) of any of those 'amazing things'.

One of these days, I'll hit an empty parking lot and see if I can learn how 'amazing' I can be with mine.
For now, I'm happy that I can cut about 1/3 off my turn radius, vs. a fixed axle. And bragging rights, of course. :dielaugh:
One of these days, I'll actually get to TOW again, and will get to use that dedicated mode, as well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think they look sharp while staying with a traditional look. And to say they tried to see the Hummer name to China after the bailout. If they take off, they're gonna be happy they didn't.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Believe they revealed the SUV verison of the Hummer as well. This might be one of the only EVs I am looking forward to

P.S And Hello Again :rolleyes:

View attachment 100144

View attachment 100145
Look up the Rivian, thats the one I am waiting on..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Look up the Rivian, thats the one I am waiting on..
That is fugly! Reminds me of Squidward :laugh:

461214-squidbio.jpg
homepage_product_r1s_desktop.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
That is fugly! Reminds me of Squidward :laugh:

461214-squidbio.jpg
homepage_product_r1s_desktop.jpg
No argument there, but at least its 40-50k dollars less. More affordable for us poor folk like me :smile:. And for me, the truck bed is squared, instead of c-pillar, avalanche esque, roll offs. Makes it possible for a sled deck.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online