Need trans shift assist

Tinas

Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
Alaska
I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado LS 4x4
Newly rebuilt trans, all of a sudden passing someone my tranny slips, right into limp mode. We changed all solenoids and harness in trans also changed the (pressure regulator) ? Now tranny will move in all gears but will not kickdown hard shifts and 3rd when trying to drive on highway doesnt seem to engage. Cannot go speed limit due to at 50 mph its at 3500 rpm. Im totally becoming frustrated. Can someone give me some ideas? No codes occasionally i get check engine light it ends up being misfire detected.

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Check the wires going to the trans for opens/grounds, and voltage. Seems like when you try to pass the engine 'twists', maybe pulling on a wire.
You can also disconnect the fan clutch and take it on a short drive (don't overheat it), see if it goes away. If so, it's the fan clutch.

Reactions: Tinas

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Are you getting any codes? If there is an electrical issue, it would surely store that code, even if it's intermittent.

Reactions: Tinas

Tinas

Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
Alaska
Are you getting any codes? If there is an electrical issue, it would surely store that code, even if it's intermittent.
I get alot of phantom codes. We did clean the ground contacts and i think those will stop happening. Only code im getting occasionally now is misfire detected. And it goes away by itself..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online