Need some good quick Repair advice

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
hi i own a 2004 buick rainier i have previously posted some issues ive had on here.

so recently my car got hit while parked in a parking lot

getting to be 3k in damage.

this 3k of damage doesnt look all that bad so i may use atleast 1k of it to repair some of my issues.

anyone have an idea of cost for a shop to repair rear air bags car sags after sitting one night..

also no awd a different shop said that the code he researched showed a bad wire harness on a speed sensor does this make since? the harness cost like 40 dollars i think but does a harness just go bad over night then just have absolutly no awd what so ever.... i go in mud spin tires and only both rears arre spitting mud fronts never grab... but while truck is in the air the front tires will spin also only get a awd code when spinning tires for like 30seconds wich quickly goes away after shutdown and start truck... this sound like a bad harness to a speed sensor??

i also have a really rought idle misfires all over counted 40 in a 15 minute drive using torque app and a bluetooth adapter not sure how accurate it is. but that is more involved i think so ill have them run compression test and vacuum test i think see what they find....................

if vacuum is bad what does that mean.. like what does that point too

if compression is bad what possibilites cause that

do you think 1k will cover all this ??

thanks for any info you guys are of coarse the best and are why im keeping my buick

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jeffro312 said:
hi i own a 2004 buick rainier i have previously posted some issues ive had on here.
1000 apologies if I don't recall off the top of my head, but how many miles?
anyone have an idea of cost for a shop to repair rear air bags car sags after sitting one night..
If you're not doing it yourself, we're not the right people to ask. You can slap in OEM or Arnott replacement coil springs for $200. Z71 Tahoe/Avalanche springs for $50-75. If you're paying a shop, you need to ask the shop. Arnott replacement bags will cost as much as you can find them for on Ebay or the web.
also no awd a different shop said that the code he researched showed a bad wire harness on a speed sensor does this make since?
Sure. A bad hub speed sensor will confuse the TCCM and you'll never get engagement. A GM Tech II or equivalent high end scan tool will tell you (or the mechanic) for sure.
the harness cost like 40 dollars i think but does a harness just go bad over night then just have absolutly no awd what so ever..
Sure, especially if you're in an accident.
.. i go in mud spin tires and only both rears arre spitting mud fronts never grab..
Normal if the TCCM isn't commanding transfer case engagement. Or the transfer case is toast because the fluid wasn't changed religiously every 50K. (Was it?) Or the encoder motor is bad. Again, don't have us GUESS - get an honest and competent mechanic to make a real diagnosis.
. but while truck is in the air the front tires will spin
Residual friction in the transfer case clutches.
also only get a awd code when spinning tires for like 30seconds wich quickly goes away after shutdown and start truck... this sound like a bad harness to a speed sensor??
Any guess we made would be worth what you paid for it. Locate a mechanic.
i also have a really rought idle misfires all over counted 40 in a 15 minute drive using torque app and a bluetooth adapter not sure how accurate it is.
Isn't that causing you to have a SES light and a code? If you're over 100K miles, did you change plugs?
but that is more involved i think so ill have them run compression test and vacuum test i think see what they find....................
Good idea.
if vacuum is bad what does that mean.. like what does that point too
A leak. Could be in a dozen places. An experienced mechanic can search for the typical ones.
if compression is bad what possibilites cause that
Any of another dozen things that have been discussed dozens of times in threads with the word "compression" in them. Some of them are very expensive to fix, if the head has to come off.
do you think 1k will cover all this ??
View attachment 26105

Attachments

• magic-8-ball1.jpg
    magic-8-ball1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 80

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
ha thanks for response roadie

i have 175k miles

id like to keep bags and im having shop do it only as they are doing me a favor thanks

if a bad speed sensor is confusing the tccm then the tccm will not command the transfer case to put power to the front correct?. im going to assume its safe to say that if there was a bigger problem ie. tccm is dead or encoder is dead or transfer case is fried then i would have a constant awd dummy light on

instead light comes on when it cannot read this speed sensor

about the misfires... i do not get a code nor even a pending code. the scanner log records misfires on cylinders they are random and i guess dont miss enough to set a code. plugs were changed 10k ago i inspected them all looks to be ok. when truck gets hot after a long long drive the vibration seems to settle

mechanics i go to and trust do not have a tech 2 and the stealership is only place that has one and not so sure if after they run a test i ask them to ill get a honest answer of actual issues these guys from expierience like to make money so they misinform customers of actual problems to get more cash if they get away with it. so if i ask them if its a speed sensor they will come back and tell me that its something else triple the cost and ill never know because if i have them fix it they will fix the speed sensor for 40 bux and charge me for a transfer case get what im saying unless i travel furthur and try the next dealer its just how my local one works

thanks for your pointers as usual helpfull

love the magic 8ball btw

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
Well the shop found a major vacuum leak so there replacing the intake gaskets see how that goes

As for awd he tells me after he reset something awd has been working so well see how long that lasts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online