I always need gas. Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Use it, and there's an Android app. :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I use it all the time too! it's very good. has a pic of the station as well as the current pricing. shows prices closest to you or cheapest to highest prices near you. I like it!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Love the gas buddy app. I will get fuel anywhere that's willing to compete. Costco is usually always the cheapest.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Maximum gas prices here in NB are regulated. I have used the site for many years before regulation.

NewfieEnvoy said:
Costco is usually always the cheapest.

Costco here in Freddy Beach, has made the other gas station complain to the provincial government, for regulated minimum prices. :hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
one of the first apps i downloaded to my phone.. and i get e-mails when gas is about to spike... great app!!

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Costco is usually always the cheapest.
True as is Sam's Club as I'm a member there. What I notice is that when weekly prices tend to shoot up, Sam's Clubs are the last to follow suit. They must have larger reserves in supply lines, buffering the abrupt spike for the seasonal holiday or OPEC 's gready little hand.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
Maximum gas prices here in NB are regulated. I have used the site for many years before regulation.

Costco here in Freddy Beach, has made the other gas station complain to the provincial government, for regulated minimum prices. :hissyfit:

Thats funny because here in the super nanny state, the smaller gas stations want to have the law to allow any station to sell below wholesale even though you'd think Sams and Costco would kill them, the small stations make their money on convenience items. The law won't let stations sell below wholesale so there is hardly a worthy spread between the lowest and highest and even then there two large chains here that sets the prices anyway. There are always places that can charge more than everyone else because of proximity to a rental car location or whatevere but none can sell it cheap. Anyway the app does me little good since there are only a few gas stations in my town of 50,000.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Canadian Mike said:

We have regulated gas prices here in NL as well, but they only regulate maximum amount, no minimums. So stations are free to compete if they choose. Before Costco setup a station here every body would charge the max by default, there was absolutely no variance between stations. That really sucks for the consumer. Many people I have spoken with always assumed the regulated price was what they had to charge :frown: Now that Costco is in town the closer a station is to them the cheaper the gas :yes: So if Costco is closed (afterhours) then I'll find one close by who is trying to compete.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I always fill up at the same marathon station right next to my house and is always 10-20 cents cheaper so it works out great for me!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
We have regulated gas prices here in NL as well, but they only regulate maximum amount, no minimums. .

We have gas price gouging regulations for really high pricing but you never see or hear of it enforced. Basically in our market the consumer is the loser no matter what when the government sets the floor.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Usually around here Kroger ends up cheaper with discounts for spending within the store. Buy giftcards to get 2x or 4x gas points. Every 100 points (dollars) is .10 off a gallon. Since I work there, its not out of my way to get giftcards if we are going out for dinner or need something from Lowes or Sears. Grab a few giftcards and suck up savings. Right now there are a few stations battling - gas was 3.47 a gallon Friday and was down to 3.05 today

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:goodpost: I need to fill up soon, and since I'm in a new part of town, I don't know which stations have the best prices yet. This site/app will definitely come in handy! :thankyou: :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online