Need a helping hand

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
My radiator skid from BartonMD showed up today, however I need a hand putting this thing on(its heavy) and one around San Antonio, available for about an hour?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I did mine alone and I'm no weight lifter, by using a bunch of wood scraps and the floor jack, while the vehicle is up on ramps or jack stands. Not easy....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I used a piece of 2 foot 6x6 and a floor jack with my truck on the ground the last few times it has been off. Easier with help, but not impossible without.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I am ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a floor jack. The condo association here dose not like people working on their vehicles(its actually in the rules :rolleyes:), so I dont have the need for one. something like this is small, and I should be in and out fairly quick. I tried using the factory bottle jack, but that did not work out to well.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
The floor jack works great to hold it in place. I have even done it using my knees to holds out in place, that took some work.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Me007gold said:
I am ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a floor jack.
You need to cultivate more meatspace buddies, my on-line friend. :biggrin: Homeowners with garages full of tools would be the best target. :thumbsup: Especially if they were in a state of chronic beer shortage that you could solve. :wootwoot:

Firebear

Jun 14, 2012
the roadie said:
You need to cultivate more meatspace buddies, my on-line friend. :biggrin: Homeowners with garages full of tools would be the best target. :thumbsup: Especially if they were in a state of chronic beer shortage that you could solve. :wootwoot:

HMmmm that is an exellent idea , my fridge is getting lonly anyone around Tulsa area needing a hand with their work? ha ha :Lager Louts:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online