NAPA High Mileage Oil?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
The internet always says that NAPA oil is just valvoline oil. Motor oil I mean. And the MSDS would agree. But I'm looking at the Napa high milage oil here:

And.... so which NAPA oil is it? Conventional? Synthetic Blend? Full Synthetic? Strangely, I can't find the answer to that question anywhere!? Which is it?

If it's Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife relabeled, I must just start using it. I usually use Mobil1 full synthetic high milage because it's usually on sale. But when I have used Valvoline Maxlife, I think my engine runs even smoother. I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not but I swear it runs just a little smoother on the valvoline!

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Just to reiterate, I'm not claiming that Valvoline maxlife is *better* than mobil1 high milage. Only that my bring thinks my engine seemed to run smoother on it. But yeah I am very curious whether this cheaper napa stuff is the good, better or best valvoline.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Unless something changed recently, NAPA oil has always been rebranded Valvoline (though slightly reformulated from the regular MaxLife). Both Mobil and Valvoline oils are excellent, I ran Valvoline for about 2 years (FS HM), and I found my Envoy burns through it quicker then Mobil whenever the OLM hits 50-60%. Mobil seems to burn slower, otherwise the engine has always sounded the same regardless of which oil was thrown in.

Know1else

May 30, 2023
Carolina
If they didn’t sell Val-vo-line overseas…and it works for you, no reason to ask.

Mobil1 at Walmart around sixty bucks for 12 quarts in a box.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online