My wife might sell her trailblazer (needs lift install help)

Razorback

Original poster
Member
Dec 21, 2011
104
My wife told me she thinking about selling her trailblazer, she bought a lift for it, and around here we cant find anyone that knows how it goes on, most of the places around here has told her to sell this and get a cherokee, that the parts are cheaper and they know how to put lift on. I know she loves this thing, but they are talking her out of it, how can i talk her into keeping it,
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
You're in the state with the highest density of lifted trailblazers/envoys in the country, who have discussed for a LONG time helping each other get their lifts installed in cooperative work weekends. Hard to see why you'd sell a vehicle that fits your needs because of some incompetent self-serving professional lift installers who don't respect the platform.

All lift kits come with instructions - and the ones from the LiftMeister (markmc) come with his offer of telephone support.

So whose lift did you buy that's so confusing that the instructions are gibberish?
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
:iagree:

and not calling your wife stupid or anything... but why are you letting those people talk to her without you there? this day and age, most salesmen drool at the sight of a woman and just see $$$ signs... there is vast information here, tboffroad, and heaven forbid, trailvoy... how can someone know how to lift a jeep, but not a gmt360? thats like the mechanic installing my motor, doesnt know how to install a trans? you lift vehicles and lower vehicles almost all the same... of course there are differences, but you get what i mean..

how can your wife be easily persuaded from some random douche thats just out to get money? does she really love the TB like you explained? or did she grow tired of it, and wants to move on?
 

jimmyjam

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,634
if a mechanic told me some ignorant s*** like that i wouldn't let them change my oil, much less modify my suspension.

I'm sure the indiana folks can either help you out or point you in the right direction
Midwest
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
Dude don't sell. Take a trip to warsaw and regulator can help. For sure. 1Hr and 40 min to his house.
 

mapanch

Member
Dec 2, 2011
333
jrSS said:
Dude don't sell. Take a trip to warsaw and regulator can help. For sure. 1Hr and 40 min to his house.

Hell, they've done lifts in parking lots of AutoZone/Napa before. Mine got done in a condo parking lot in November. I'm sure Regulator or Hardtrailz would be up for a lift install.
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
From my recent Mid West Lift Meet Thread:

Razorback said:
I wish i could get away from my priorities, i would be down there to help in a minute, i also have a lift i need help putting on.

Regulator said:
PM me whenever your ready, we will get that lift on!


The offer still stands, I work cheep; beer, pizza and I am good to go. Besides, it gives you an excuse to meet a few other area members!
 

GUMPER469

Member
Jan 1, 2012
3
Razorback said:
My wife told me she thinking about selling her trailblazer, she bought a lift for it, and around here we cant find anyone that knows how it goes on, most of the places around here has told her to sell this and get a cherokee, that the parts are cheaper and they know how to put lift on. I know she loves this thing, but they are talking her out of it, how can i talk her into keeping it,

I have a 02 Trailblazer EXT and it was not bad at all. I am in Indianapolis. Word of advise...get new shocks and struts because you are going to have to remove them anyway so might as well put new on. :yes:
 

Razorback

Original poster
Member
Dec 21, 2011
104
The lift i got was used from a member on here, didnt have instructions, its marks lift, but everyone we have talked to, they have not talked good about trailblazers, they didnt understand why we wanted to lift this up. And i was there with her, when the guy told us that you cant lift these trucks, and i told them that there are alot of them lifted , i also gave the name of this website to prove it. My wife loves this trailblazer, and i want her to be happy, and i hate to say this but iam a dodge guy, i traded my 80 lifted dodge club cab in on this trailblazer to make her happy, she is a chevy nut. And yeh i do like this trailblazer, shhh dont tell my dodge freinds, lol.

Oh by the way, everything should come off easy, i think it just turned 49,000 miles, it still has a warranty on it, Regulater, thank you for the offer, i will let her know, and i have no problem with helping. Gumper, your in indy, iam there almost every 2 weeks, i opened a store in beach grove
 

navigator

Member
Dec 3, 2011
504
there is no comparison in riding in a cherokee and riding in a TB The TB is much nicer.
You can download the instructions for Mark's lift from his website.
I had to borrow a loaner spring compressor from Advanced Auto and borrow a pickle fork from a neighbor.
If I recall everything else was normal tools most folks have.
An air compressor with an impact wrench helps speed things up a bit but I don't think it is necessary.

Did you get the old 2.5" lift or the newer 3" lift?

If you can't coordinate with any members and happen to go to another shop, find out if they can install front struts for you. If they can, when they have it apart they can add the lift in there then. The amount of effort outside of replacing the front struts are practically 0.
For the new lift you basically just replace the old OEM upper mount with Mark's upper mount.
If you have the old 2.5" lift you just stack the spacer between the spring and the upper mount, again 0 effort outside of replacing the strut.
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
And another reason:

This is a quote I posted on the OS when I got challenged as to WHY I do projects that look insane on the face of them:

John F. Kennedy Moon Speech - Rice University Stadium - September 12, 1962

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Avoid whatever shitty shops you went to. Idiots. Telling you that you need a throwaway beercan vehicle to lift versus a body on frame truck. Cherokees are small, no power, unconfortable and once you wheel them they are never the same since the body flexes... doors dont seal any more, rear hatches actually break, 100 less HP, worse MPG.... these people obviously were not golfers(Big Lewbowski anyone???).

The directions for all the available lifts are on the internet if you look. None are difficult to put on. Basic spacer lifts. Any shop worth a shit should be able to figure it out.

Members have offered several times to help you when you are ready to install the lift. It only takes a couple hours and many of us have done enough that we can walk you through it on the phone including telling you what size socket to use if you want to do it yourself.
 

Razorback

Original poster
Member
Dec 21, 2011
104
Yes, i know ive had a few people tell me they would help, and ive told her that, and ive also told her that we dont have to rush, it will get done sooner or later. I would do it myself, but i dont want to mess something up, but like i told her once the lift on you have to get bigger tires. I think alot of is because she thinks she owes me back for me trading my truck in on this, and i told her she dosent, and she knows ive had 4 cherokees, since i met her, but like i told her, I like this trailblazer and your right, it rides a hundred percent better than my old lifted cherokees.
Iam going to talk her into keeping this trailblazer, i like it and so far its the only chevy that ive enjoyed driving. They have alot more comforts than my cherokees had. I will go to Marks site and check out the instructions, its just the 2.5 kit. Thank you everyone for commenting, iam going to show her this when she gets off work.
 

GUMPER469

Member
Jan 1, 2012
3
Razorback said:
Yes, i know ive had a few people tell me they would help, and ive told her that, and ive also told her that we dont have to rush, it will get done sooner or later. I would do it myself, but i dont want to mess something up, but like i told her once the lift on you have to get bigger tires. I think alot of is because she thinks she owes me back for me trading my truck in on this, and i told her she dosent, and she knows ive had 4 cherokees, since i met her, but like i told her, I like this trailblazer and your right, it rides a hundred percent better than my old lifted cherokees.
Iam going to talk her into keeping this trailblazer, i like it and so far its the only chevy that ive enjoyed driving. They have alot more comforts than my cherokees had. I will go to Marks site and check out the instructions, its just the 2.5 kit. Thank you everyone for commenting, iam going to show her this when she gets off work.

I would be more than happy to come over to the shop and let you take a look at mine. It has a 3 inch lift with 265/70/17 tires on factory rims. And it is a EXT. I live about 15 minutes away.:tiphat:
 

Razorback

Original poster
Member
Dec 21, 2011
104
I showed her the comments and she has decided to keep the trailblazer, i told her we can just take our time lifting it, thanks everyone
 

Robbabob

Member
Dec 10, 2012
1,096
the roadie said:
And another reason:

This is a quote I posted on the OS when I got challenged as to WHY I do projects that look insane on the face of them:

John F. Kennedy Moon Speech - Rice University Stadium - September 12, 1962

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.


Might as well use this thread to make my comments as it seems somewhat appropriate here.

I've got to be honest with you. Since I've come here, I've looked at your build and my first impression/reaction was, "what in the Hell were you thinking? Taking a perfect vehicle and making it into an off-road machine?" Most "real" off road machines are either pick up trucks or older suv looking vehicles, not an awesome looking TB/Envoy.

I've since allowed logic to take over... several points have become obvious to me:
  • It's a very comfortable truck
  • It's a solid platform
  • It has everything new enough not to worry about trivial breakdowns

What better vehicle than the listed reasons above? Then, look at the pictures you've taken, using a reliable, solid, well built machine, to not only get you there, get you back. Makes total sense.

And yes, the Jeep is a POS in "comparison". My auto-head SIL says all Cherokees suck, but his friends get them due to cheap replacement parts. Hmmm, cheap = breakdown?

Razorback, glad to see you're keeping the TB!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,324
Posts
637,941
Members
18,530
Latest member
cahenke

Members Online