My SS conversion

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
There is a guy who did that to run a massive intercooler in front of his radiator

JaySun

Feb 25, 2013
Looks absolutely sick, are you planning any lighting mods?

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
jimmyjam said:
i have a fwi and want to do exactly that except no crossbar just a wide open grill

i found one on ebay for $140 shipped but its all chrome so it looks kinda tacky. and the newer style headlights are like $150 A PEICE!! :eek: $140+$300=WAY TOO MUCH. I would've defiantly done it if i already had the headlights

I think ill just save and wait for an ss grille, and buy new headlights for $95 a pair shipped

IF ANYONE HAS A SS GRILLE FOR SALE. PM ME!!

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
JaySun said:
Looks absolutely sick, are you planning any lighting mods?

Thanks! The only "light" mods i have in mind is upgrading my side mirrors to the ones with turn signals, with those LED's that Txblazer sells.

And I'm buying new hid's for lows and fogs just cause the ones i already have are starting to die out, ill prolly get 5k or 6k

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Just do this ....I wanna do this sometime in the future. Just not right now. I would need a whole other intake for this setup

damn wish I still had my 08' LT grill and headlights. I/It woulda def helped you out with that after switching to the ss grill :frown: carid has the black mesh open grill for the 07+ trailblazer. I thought about getting it back when I had the 08 front but it's a little more than the chrome one your looking at on ebay but looks a lot better IMO than chromed.http://www.carid.com/2008-chevy-trailblazer-accessories/

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
did you swap door handles ??

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
TexazReece said:
damn wish I still had my 08' LT grill and headlights. I/It woulda def helped you out with that after switching to the ss grill :frown: carid has the black mesh open grill for the 07+ trailblazer. I thought about getting it back when I had the 08 front but it's a little more than the chrome one your looking at on ebay but looks a lot better IMO than chromed.2008 Chevy Trailblazer Accessories & Parts at CARiD.com

When i get it back ill think about what to do, I'm not a huge fan of the newer headlight's design. I might try to find someone to extend mine down and straighten it a bit or fabricate a new one.

No my TB is a Lt model that came with a few options like fogs,painted handles,onstar,ceiling console etc.

P.S. I am going to be selling my OEM White faced cluster, they were only available in early 05 Tb's like mine. 103k miles. voltmeter stepper motor is out everything else appears to work fine. i like it almost as much as my SS cluster. i was thinking $100 shipped not too far

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
jimmyjam said:
i have a fwi and want to do exactly that except no crossbar just a wide open grill

Yo JimmyJam...you mean like this????:biggrin:
DSC_3305.jpg

DSC_1923.jpg

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
TXBlazer said:
DSC_3305.jpg

DSC_1923.jpg

Did you buy it, or have it made?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TexazReece said:
damn wish I still had my 08' LT grill and headlights. I/It woulda def helped you out with that after switching to the ss grill :frown: carid has the black mesh open grill for the 07+ trailblazer. I thought about getting it back when I had the 08 front but it's a little more than the chrome one your looking at on ebay but looks a lot better IMO than chromed.2008 Chevy Trailblazer Accessories & Parts at CARiD.com

:eek: Those have JUMPED in price!!! :hissyfit: The last time I saw one it was about $80

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
UPDATE: Went to go pick it up today and he said he needs one more day:mad:. But atleast i got pictures.
View attachment 26522
The dash looks too redish to me, and he didnt sand much so you can see the texture of the dash. but I'm happy with it.
View attachment 26523
View attachment 26524

I go straight from class to work tomorrow so i might not be able to pick her up till thursday :frown:

Attachments

• FDtbssphoto 3-10.jpg
    FDtbssphoto 3-10.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 39
  • paintedinteriorphoto 2-13.jpg
    paintedinteriorphoto 2-13.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 24
  • TBSSFPphoto 1-14.jpg
    TBSSFPphoto 1-14.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 23

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
TXBlazer said:
nice, the grill is a little more flash than i'd like to go for but props none the less.
after staring at modded trailblazers for 8 years now, i'm just a fan of seeing someone do something different

the one i saw originally was red i think but same idea
45a5c0bb.jpg

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree: get some more billet and fill the gap or until your able to find the SS grille. I like where your going with your truck bruh.:thumbsup:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
I like the way your dash came out, and gives me a little more courage to do mine. Had this same idea a couple months ago, only satin black, and keeping the original texture. No sanding. Can we possibly get some more pics, but better lighting and angles. Good work though.

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Grey Thunder said:
I like the dash! did he smooth it out before painting or is it still textured?

Conner299 said:
I like the way your dash came out, and gives me a little more courage to do mine. Had this same idea a couple months ago, only satin black, and keeping the original texture. No sanding. Can we possibly get some more pics, but better lighting and angles. Good work though.

Thanks. no he didnt sand any. I'm pretty sure he just cleaned it and applied some adhesion promoter before painting. I figured if he messed it up i could always go to the junkyard and buy most of the pieces failry cheap from another regualr TB.

I'll post more pictures soon. I was too busy to pick it up today but im off tomorrow and no classes so ill take a bunch of pics tomorrow.
STAY POSTED!!

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012

Attachments

• doneinterdrivdaphoto 3-12.jpg
    doneinterdrivdaphoto 3-12.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38
  • interiorpsdphoto 1-16.jpg
    interiorpsdphoto 1-16.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 13
  • interiordonepbagphoto 2-15.jpg
    interiordonepbagphoto 2-15.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
  • interdonenighbacphoto 4-8.jpg
    interdonenighbacphoto 4-8.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 13
  • interdonepasnigphoto 5-4.jpg
    interdonepasnigphoto 5-4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 13

Grey Thunder

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah I think if u sanded all the texture out that would be bad ass against the grey! Doesnt look all that bad as is tho

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i think the knee panel under the steering wheel was a bit too much to paint... nothing else on the dash is painted that low, so its kinda sticking out on its own... but any interior paint reminds of my ricer days... but to each their own.. i think it does look ok though... doesnt look like any runs or overspray in the pix

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
bmartinezx3 said:

Personally I'm not a fan of the painted dashboard look but I'm really digging the inner door handle surrounds and the center of the shift knob. I think if it was mine, I would have had those and the black section of the dashboard piece (The area surrounding the radio and climate controls) done in body color and see how that looked. The truck looks great though. :thumbsup:

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Grey Thunder said:
Yeah I think if u sanded all the texture out that would be bad ass against the grey! Doesnt look all that bad as is tho

Boricua SS said:
i think the knee panel under the steering wheel was a bit too much to paint... nothing else on the dash is painted that low, so its kinda sticking out on its own... but any interior paint reminds of my ricer days... but to each their own.. i think it does look ok though... doesnt look like any runs or overspray in the pix

I blame myself because i guess i was too vague with my instructions. Really all i said was "i want you to paint the dash" and pointed at what i wanted.
I didn't want the kick panel painted but when i showed up it was already done, screw it.
Didnt tell him to sand which is my fault because i thought he knew what i meant. My hope was that it would come out looking smooth like any other body panel, but again F*ck IT!

Exterior pictures will be up in a few.

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Finally picked Ruby up this morning. Overall i'm happy but still not done. I have alot i plan on doing to my truck but for now i just want to enjoy it, so it will probably look like this for a few weeks till i decide to either make a grille or start looking harder for an SS grille. Also I will need DJM drop kit soon but i need to save up a little more for that.

The first thing i did after i pick it up was my exhaust. I ended up using the SS muffler that TexazReece gave me and a tip that i had on before, and it sounds AWESOME!! tip looks pretty good too.

Here they are

Daytime:
View attachment 26564
View attachment 26566
View attachment 26565
View attachment 26567

Night:
View attachment 26570
View attachment 26568
View attachment 26569
View attachment 26571

Attachments

• tbcarwashphoto 1-18.jpg
    tbcarwashphoto 1-18.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 22
  • tbrbdaphoto 2-17.jpg
    tbrbdaphoto 2-17.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 20
  • dayasphoto 3-14.jpg
    dayasphoto 3-14.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 22
  • fronttbphoto 4-10.jpg
    fronttbphoto 4-10.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 20
  • nighastbphoto 4-11.jpg
    nighastbphoto 4-11.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 20
  • fronnghtgrphoto 2-18.jpg
    fronnghtgrphoto 2-18.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 20
  • tbnighbpphoto 3-15.jpg
    tbnighbpphoto 3-15.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 19
  • nightbdphoto 1-20.jpg
    nightbdphoto 1-20.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 20

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
is that the 6.0L LS2 badge under the SS on the liftgate? I understand that you're cloning an SS... and i can understand the SS badge, well maybe i dont.. you dont have an SS, and you dont have an LS2 6.0L.. so why did you put that there... but if its not that, then my apologies :rotfl:

but on a good note... love the red jewel tintcoat... and is your exhaust tip a 5" one? it looks a hair bigger then my 4" on my Corsa Sprot...

edit: just looked at your pix again... and it looks more like a 4" tip... looks good...

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Boricua SS said:
is that the 6.0L LS2 badge under the SS on the liftgate? I understand that you're cloning an SS... and i can understand the SS badge, well maybe i dont.. you dont have an SS, and you dont have an LS2 6.0L.. so why did you put that there... but if its not that, then my apologies :rotfl:

but on a good note... love the red jewel tintcoat... and is your exhaust tip a 5" one? it looks a hair bigger then my 4" on my Corsa Sprot...

edit: just looked at your pix again... and it looks more like a 4" tip... looks good...

your wrong, its a 6.2 ls3 badge :raspberry:
its just a sticker just like a lot tbssowners put corvette flag emblems, we all know they aren't anything close to a corvette so why put them there? just my choice even though i said they would come off soon.
:eyebrowhuh: And i'm not sure but i can measure the tip tomorrow

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
Its prob worth more a clone just a little lol

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
bmartinezx3 said:
a lot tbssowners put corvette flag emblems
a lot of people wear skinny jeans and beanie caps, doesn't make it cool :biggrin:

should have grabbed the 07+ wiper arm in the first pic...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
bmartinezx3 said:
its just a sticker just like a lot tbssowners put corvette flag emblems, we all know they aren't anything close to a corvette so why put them there? just my choice even though i said they would come off soon.

Please do it NOW!!! If you must badge it, some nice RS badges would be cool.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bmartinezx3 said:

Your truck looks great as an SS clone! And I would leave the SS on there. Your goal was to make it look better...and it does :thumbsup:

I'm starting to think the SS grille would look good on there too, if you can find one.

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
jimmyjam said:
a lot of people wear skinny jeans and beanie caps, doesn't make it cool :biggrin:

should have grabbed the 07+ wiper arm in the first pic...

I'm thinking about shaving it off completely if i figure out how. cause it really does look bad with the new bumper, and i can't remember ever using it.

never seen a Rs badge on a tb but i'll check it out.

Keep comments going ill try to put some new stuff up tonight. i think I'm buying new Hid's when i get out of work today

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
bmartinezx3 said:
I'm thinking about shaving it off completely if i figure out how. cause it really does look bad with the new bumper, and i can't remember ever using it.

I agree,shave it off.They have a habit of scratching the window and Texas of all places probably needs it the least:thumbsup:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
I agree with shaving the rear wiper arm. That, or get the newer style. When it comes to the badges on the truck... I say you keep whatever you want on there. No one besides the die-hard TrailBlazer-Boys, or an SS that wants to race you, is going to know you don't have the V-8. If it makes you happy, then let it do just that!:thumbsup:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Hey that RS badging is a damn good idea and I think they'd look good on your truck too. But I think whatever makes you Happy is the best way to go my friend :thumbsup:

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
That was part of my plan if I was going to badge it make it RS and not SS so im not faking the funk lol

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I pretty much have my mind set on the texas edition emblems but i don't feel like spending $150+ right now on emblems, the prices on them things are crazy!

I think my next big mod will be DJM 2/4 kit and still looking for ss grille. Also need the foglight and brake duct grille's which i think will be even harder to find.

bmartinezx3

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
thought of a new idea for the grille, what if i buy an 08 lt grille and an extra older tb crossbar and splice them together? I'm Thinking if i measure really well i could be able to cut out the middle portion of the older grill then fiberglass the remaining sides of the crossbar to the 08 Grille. kinda like a ss grill without the side vents. You guys think this could be do-able? :undecided:

Here is a better shot of my "gap" while i was taking off the billet grille today.
View attachment 26607

Attachments

• billetgrilphoto-7.jpg
    billetgrilphoto-7.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 36

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online