My official Introduction

TheOneBlazer

Original poster
Jul 5, 2024
Missouri
Hi. New to the forum. Just put a used motor in an 04 trailblazer lt that was given to me. I was also given a parts car that is a donor match. I am a learning mechanic who has been in the field for 3 years. Loving my trailblazer so far. It's a replacement for an 04 Durango. 1000000365.jpg1000000366.jpg1000000367.jpg1000000368.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! That TB is in nice shape and looks worthy of the engine swap, which I know is not easy on these trucks.

Reactions: TheOneBlazer

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
You've found a good group of folks willing to give you a hand in your endeavors keeping the trailblazer in good working order. Glancing over the threads you will feel for these machines. I believe you are the first who came here without a problem first! Congratulations !!! One suggestion I do have is this: If someone recommends using OEM parts there is probably a strong reason for needing an oem part and not an aftermarket part (not always but often). And often the oem parts are about the same money as aftermarket parts. I also owned an '04 trailblazer for 16 years, but sold it now four years ago and the mrs. reminds me she still misses it!

TheOneBlazer

Original poster
Jul 5, 2024
Missouri
Welcome!
That's a nice looking TB! :thumbsup:
Welcome! That TB is in nice shape and looks worthy of the engine swap, which I know is not easy on these trucks.
Thank you.
That swap was truly a bear. One of the most interesting ones I've done for sure.
I'll try to get some other pics posted up of the interior. It's got a few small minor interior details that need attention but other then that it's in very good shape for 204xxx miles. I'm still working the bugs out of her though. She sat for 5 years prior to me owning her. My mentors mentor had it as a resell project and never got around to it. The original motor had overheated and blown a head gasket. He bought it to replace the head gasket, when to start it and it wouldn't start. Well anywho he got a used motor and then it sat for 5 years.
My Durango started developing rod knock at 275xxx miles so long story short I was given a very clean trailblazer.
The original motor died truly due to hyrdolocking and cracking pistons 3 and 4. Found that out when I tore it down to figure out truly what killed her original motor.

Reactions: Beacon

Aroc

Jun 1, 2023
NY
Welcome aboard 'TOB'.
Even as a mechanic you will find a wealth of knowledge to fix any and all issues from the folks on this site. I certainly have thru reading threads when the typical faults come up.

I had occasion to browse more recent model suvs in the same mode as the GMT360 and was not too impressed with the core performance advancements over the two decades. With the exception of mpg the GMT360 was comparable or even better in the underappreciated torque criteria. These vehicles (esp. engine) are finicky due to the combination powertrain advancements and out of box thinking at the introduction 20 years ago but when all is dialed in its an amazing machine and quite a brute for its time. With that said the smallest thing (ok some hard driving tbh:thumbsup:) can cause slight imbalance and mild side effects that doesn't affect performance but are mere annoyances. I instead just bought some quality parts, chasis grease, sprayed some silicone lubricant and contact cleaner here & there and wuala rides and sounds as smooth as new.

Hope you get many years of reliable and comfortable driving out of your truck.🍻

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Is that Overland, MO? Looks so familiar the area.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonu

Members Online