My Freaky-Yet-Interesting Night

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Tonight, I was driving home from North Dallas (about a 1 hour drive), and we had been hearing on the radio about a potential thunderstorm in the area. Well, there was lots of lightning around us but that was about it. Then, about 3 miles away from my exit off of the highway, the sky opened up and started dumping rain on us. It was so bad, the highway slowed to about 35 mph and almost everybody had their hazard lights on. But wait, there's more... About 2 miles from my exit, still storming like crazy, the freakiest thing happened...

All of the lights on either side of the highway went OUT. I mean no gas station lights, building lights, street lights, nothing... The only light was coming from headlights and taillights. As far forward and behind us as we could see (which wasn't too far because of the rain), all lights were out. A little farther down the highway, buildings were starting to get light again, but for the last 2 miles of highway driving; no streetlights anywhere on the highway.

Needless to say, I was ready to make it home... It was a very interesting night!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
MrDJ said:
Tonight, I was driving home from North Dallas (about a 1 hour drive), and we had been hearing on the radio about a potential thunderstorm in the area. Well, there was lots of lightning around us but that was about it. Then, about 3 miles away from my exit off of the highway, the sky opened up and started dumping rain on us. It was so bad, the highway slowed to about 35 mph and almost everybody had their hazard lights on. But wait, there's more... About 2 miles from my exit, still storming like crazy, the freakiest thing happened...

All of the lights on either side of the highway went OUT. I mean no gas station lights, building lights, street lights, nothing... The only light was coming from headlights and taillights. As far forward and behind us as we could see (which wasn't too far because of the rain), all lights were out. A little farther down the highway, buildings were starting to get light again, but for the last 2 miles of highway driving; no streetlights anywhere on the highway.

Needless to say, I was ready to make it home... It was a very interesting night!

WTF....this is all supposed to happen Friday:confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Creepy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.