motor mounts?

dwzook

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
So I've been noticing the last couple months that I have rough idle with AC on and in gear. And today the drive just feels different. I noticed on a 70mile commute home that at points it felt rough even in cruise like the car would have little jerks. (Not left or right jerks). And got home, shut the voy off and noticed a shake and a rattle sound. With the hood open, I turned it on and shut it off a few more times, and noticed the engine shake a decent amount side to side when shut off. I'm thinking motor mounts, but would like some opinions/input. Thanks

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
on an I6, the passenger side tends to go first because of the exhaust heat. This coupled with the fact that the passenger side is easier to get to, you may want to just swap that side out and see if it feels better.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Agreed. And only use Delco OEM mounts. Aftermarket ones are too stiff, and have been reported to not solve the idle vibration.

dwzook

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I went ahead and ordered both mounts yesterday. And got the GM mounts. Do I need to even worry about the tranny mount?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My tranny mount was DEAD and my motor mounts are still A-OK. You can see it by looking under and having someone shift reverse to drive with the brakes held on.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Perhaps days at a time locked in 4lo...

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online